Main Menu

Someone school me on this trans hole.

Started by LinceCuda, December 30, 2017, 12:29:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

LinceCuda

My 4 speed trans seemed to check out to be in good shape  upon inspection so gaskets, seals, and fresh paint for now. When I was getting ready to put the rear seal in I noticed a half moon looking hole. My question is that normal because it doesn't look like anything broke off, or might this be for lubrication to the yoke?  :thinking: The bushing is in great shape and there's  no play in the shaft. Anyway someone chime in please thanks.

Chryco Psycho

Perfectly normal , for oiling
the slip yolk basically seals both the splines & bushing so you need an oil bypass

LinceCuda

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 30, 2017, 12:32:43 PM
Perfectly normal , for oiling
Thank you much Psycho now I can continue on. Happy New Year

Chryco Psycho

Thanks , Same to you !! :banana:
I modified the post above also

dodj

When you put the rear seal in, it will have a hole in it as well. It should face up. Air breather hole.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

LinceCuda

Quote from: dodj on December 30, 2017, 02:22:41 PM
When you put the rear seal in, it will have a hole in it as well. It should face up. Air breather hole.
[/quote
Thank you dodj I saw that and that did cross my mind, but I thought I would ask anyway, but now I don't have to. Happy New Year :)

rebelyell

i have nothing to add to this, but I literally laughed out loud at the thread title. Sorry.  :haha:

fc7cuda

Quote from: rebelyell on December 30, 2017, 07:36:44 PM
i have nothing to add to this, but I literally laughed out loud at the thread title. Sorry.  :haha:

:iagree:   :haha:

LinceCuda

Quote from: rebelyell on December 30, 2017, 07:36:44 PM
I'll be damn I get it now lol.  :)

Chryco Psycho