Main Menu

Sure Grip lube additive.

Started by Glow Worm, April 20, 2018, 10:18:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Glow Worm

What is the Mopar part number for the Sure Grip additive required in my 73 Cuda?   Is there an alternative?

If The rear end is going to be taken apart for adjustment to remove a whining noise (hopefully adjustment is all that is required), what "kit" should i need to put it back together?  It is a 489 case with 3:23 gears.  I don't know what the pinion spline is.
"If I had all of the money I have spent on cars . . . I'd spend it on cars."

Katfish

anlauto

Ford ? :looney: 
I use Mopar 4318060AB :veryexcited:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Glow Worm

I saw:
4318060AB
4318060AC
4318060AD

I wasn't sure which one was which.

Katfish

Note that link was from DoctorDiff.......
Ford stuff is better and less expensive, but if you just have to go Mopar, have at it.

Glow Worm

Does the Ford additive have a part number?

Katfish

XL-3, looks like pic in link, any Ford dealer will have it.

Glow Worm

Thank you.
Looks like ebay price on the Ford fluid is about $.73 difference from Mopar 4318060AB.  Probably go with Mother MO....

Topcat

Back in the early days, I recall whale oil was the supplement they used for differentials.

RUNCHARGER

I have used both and they both will work.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Probably comes out of the same refinery in the same bottles & just a Mopar or ford label

nsmall

I had a little noise back in the rear end, added a second bottle and now there is no noise.  Not sure if anyone else has had this issue, but thought I would share.  I have a dr diff clutch sure grip and used 355 gears.

anlauto

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on April 20, 2018, 08:48:36 PM
Probably comes out of the same refinery in the same bottles & just a Mopar or ford label
That's my guess too :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Quote from: Topcat on April 20, 2018, 07:52:57 PM
Back in the early days, I recall whale oil was the supplement they used for differentials.
Early days like for Conestoga wagons?  :D
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill