Main Menu

T/A rear end

Started by pink aar, June 19, 2017, 11:00:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

pink aar

I was talking to someone and they said, a friend had a 70 pink T/A with a DANA 60 in it. He is the original owner of the car. NOW I may be WRONG, but I thought a 8 3/4 was the only rear end that came in these cars????   Any answers out there?   Anywhere  with this INFO?  Guide me to the light.

NO nothing , but willing to learn.

Cuda Cody

Correct, T/A's did not have a Dana as a factory option.  Sway bar and 8 3/4 was the rear end used in T/A's.   :alan2cents:

anlauto

Did it have a Hemi six pack too ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Pretty sure the only option for T/A rear ends was the 3.91 gear.  T/A's came with 3.55 unless you checked the box for 3.91's.

Burdar

The Dana was only available on 440 4-barrel, 440 six pack and 426 hemi.  In other words, you couldn't get the Dana on a NON-R/T car.  The Challenger T/A was just an option on the base model Challenger.  A T/A's VIN is JH.

RUNCHARGER

When you ordered the shaker on your T/A they automatically upgraded to the Dana 60 rear along with an undercar turbocharger.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

Now I need to find a Undercar Turbocharger for my T/A.     :haha:

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on June 19, 2017, 04:59:52 PM
When you ordered the shaker on your T/A they automatically upgraded to the Dana 60 rear along with an undercar turbocharger.

6bblgt

it wasn't actually a undercar turbocharger as much as a undercar rocket assist  :wowzers:

Chryco Psycho

I guess as the saying goes if you paid for it they would build it so never say never , so if the car was special ordered & I you knew the right people .... maybe a 3.54 dana could be installed from the factory , this is a big maybe & highly unlikely but weirder stuff was built & documented in the past , the rear sway bar would still fit .