Main Menu

AC evaporator cap?

Started by Shoooter, February 15, 2021, 10:49:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

I'm planning on driving my car this year but I know I won't have the underhood AC done. I want to cap the AC evaporator lines off coming out of the firewall. I have tried to find plastic caps but nothing seems to fit. Does anyone have a idea of something that won't look too bad? I almost thought of shrink wrap and a heat gun but I haven't seen them as a cap only used on wires ect.any ideas? 

headejm

I had the same problem as you. I finally found an external cap plug and an internal cap plug that fits. I don't plan on putting the AC back on for some time.

Skdmark

If you can't find anything that works, try Bob at Glen-ray radiator.
He might have a source.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Dakota

Same boat here.  I put blue painter's tape over them and then used a black Sharpie to make them less obvious.  Rubber caps that fit tight would be better, but the tape seems to be a fair alternative.

JS29

Radiator shop, Collision shop, Hydraulic repair shop.    :alan2cents:

Shoooter

I've got a few hard plastic ones from a hydraulic lines. I keep looking for the rubber ones.

Shoooter

I found these plastic caps I could paint to hide them a little better. I also have these metal caps I could drill out and make them fit over. Would have to use a touch or silicone to keep then there.  Could leave them or have them painted as well?

Also does anyone know off the top of the head what size nuts are used to hold the AC BLOWER motor in place? I know they are special ones.

MoparLeo

Why not also put a rubber/plastic plug in the hole before you cover it. You are just trying to keep debris out.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...