Main Menu

Therapy needed.

Started by IMNCARN82, September 16, 2017, 12:53:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

IMNCARN82

Here's the situation:

Busted my 4 link upper mount.

Been fighting a vibration for a long time.  Tried everything.  Including a different engine. Ha.
Housing is the only thing I haven't tried, yes I got new axels and went through the center section too.

So I said enough,decided since I had to re-du the upper links on the old one anyways due to the new design of the RMS four link.  I'd replace everything.

Ordered from moser. Called it in.  Asked for a mopar 8 3/4 housing, Ect.  I asked about the fabricated unit. He said it was strong enough. I told him about the four link ect. And he said it was fine. 

So the boxes come and I'm so excited I just started getting it in.  Didn't realize till it was too late.  Big mistake on my part.  But it's a ford 9" and I didn't realize the true difference. I thought it was their "fabricated 8 3/4".  Not their truly fabricated housing. Which is what I thought I was getting!
  Had to cut it some.

What should I do?   Just run the 9".  Not real happy all the way around.  Frustrated with myself most of all.   

Ya ya. I'll call em Monday.   Unless you say put it in.   I'm at a total loss and lookin for advice.
R/T
round tail lights forever !!

IMNCARN82

Not sure why it even matters tho.  Car has Ford spindles/rack,corvette C5 brakes. GM column.  Bah. Nothing is original.   

Someone slap me., :pokeeye:

Shane Kelley

It's a custom car anyway. If it doesn't bother you. Run it!  Nice looking piece.

cuda hunter

Yep, I say put it in. 

Lots of folks happy with their ford 9.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Roadman

Quote from: cuda hunter on September 16, 2017, 04:23:01 PM
Yep, I say put it in. 

Lots of folks happy with their ford 9.

:iagree:   As strong as a Dana.    :alan2cents:

anlauto

You didn't realize you had a Ford 9" ? :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

dodj

Ford 9" is the only good assembly ford made. Use it!
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Cuda Cody

It's a super strong rear end.  Not sure why you would not use it if the car is fairly custom.  They are good rear ends.

YellowThumper

I also go with the concensus and use it "as planned". LOL
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

RUNCHARGER

So, you need a 9 inch center section now? Add that all up I suppose.. I know Dana 60 you basically can use all stock components, 9 inch you upgrade everything I understand.
Sheldon

Topcat

I recall a post CP once posted years ago that the Ford 9" takes power away. More drag.   :dunno:

Chryco Psycho

At the race track if you see 4 guys working hard to push a car downhill it has the 9".
But if you see 1 guy casually pushing a car uphill it has a Dana diff !!
we used to calculate a 30Hp [rwhp] on the dyno with any car running a 9"

IMNCARN82

Thanx for the help,appreciate that a lot. 

Decided to put it in. 

Can someone please tell me where this piece goes?

I'd guess in the center section, in between the axels ?

Thanx again for the input!

R/T

Chryco Psycho