Main Menu

Trading a Challenger for a Barracuda

Started by madmax2b, September 26, 2024, 04:31:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

madmax2b

Testing the water to see if anyone who has a Barracuda, but is more a Dodge person would want to trade for a 1970 383 non RT Challenger? It if FK5 (burnt orange) with a White Vinyl top. I'm not picky about if it's a big/small block.

Cuda Cody

Any photos of what you have to trade?

MoparLeo

Trading a Dodge for a Plymouth is trading down. I have owned many of both cars.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

DeathProofCuda

Quote from: MoparLeo on September 26, 2024, 11:50:52 AMTrading a Dodge for a Plymouth is trading down. I have owned many of both cars.

Depends on your point of view I guess.  Back in the day I guess Dodges were favored, which is why way more Challengers were built than Barracudas.  But in this day and age, Plymouth E-bodies typically bring higher dollars than Dodges for a similar car. :alan2cents:

DeathProofCuda

If based on current demand/pricing, I'd guess that 70 Barracudas beat out 70 Challengers by a small margin.  However, for all other year E-bodies, 71-74, it's not even a contest.  Plymouth beats Dodge hands down for each of those years.  A big portion of that is that 72-74 Cudas can be easily modified to resemble 70 Cudas, and with bumper mods round taillight Cudas still look pretty cool.  The same can not be said for the frowny faced period Challengers.  :Thud:

MoparLeo

It depends on how you look at it. If you are concerned with resale price, you are correct.
The most desireable cars are the 70-71 Cuda, Althought I think the 71 is ugly. Or the 70-71 Challenger.
72 and up of either car does not bring the dollars because of the new Fed regulations that happened in 72. Loss of 383-440-426 after 71 and the 5 mph bumpers of 73-74 as well as the big power drop in the remaining engine options.
Some people buy cars concerned about resale, some people buy cars that they just like and resale is a secondary concern.
 Just like some prefer an all original type car and some people modify them to suit their own likes.
moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

b5cuda

I owned both a 70 challenger (340) and a 70 cuda (340) in the 70s. I preferred the cuda styling but the Challenger was the better built car, less rattles and better performer. I believe the cuda was LA built, if that made a difference. 50 years later, I don't think it matters if you are replacing panels, strengthening the frame, and upgrading drive train.

dodj

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on September 26, 2024, 01:09:52 PMThe same can not be said for the frowny faced period Challengers.  :Thud:
Probably the most popular style of grille ever designed. If you look at all manufacturers..it's everywhere.
That said, the 70 Challenger grille beats all other ebody grilles. IMO of course.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill