Main Menu

Transmission linkage

Started by tparker, October 01, 2019, 11:46:26 AM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

I'm trying to figure out which stuff I need to buy for Fall Fling in a couple weeks and luckily I found my linkage for my transmission. However, I have a piece I can't account for unless it is a dup of the console shifter linkage (which I'll check later today). Anyways, I'm confused about how the transmission sift lever gets tied in. Either the diagrams don't show it, or I'm an idiot and don't see it. Does anyone have a pick of the transmission linkage. I couldn't find one one the web.

Thanks
Tom

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

tparker

hi @MoparLeo ,

Thanks. That is for a b-body, but it is clearer than my pic. The challenger has the lock out that is also tied in there. But I think I get the gist from this photo.

Burdar

I think 1970 is the only year with lockout linkage.  71-74 look like that drawing.

Jay Bee

From my Service Manual, can't remember why I colored it.

tparker

Thanks.
It turns out I had an extra linkage from the console shifter in the mix, I had two. So the pieces wern't making sense plus the drawing I have is from the repo manual which is printed on crappy pages that don't do details so well. Plus the diagram does a horrible job showing the transmission. The lever is just floating there with out the transmission so I got all kinds of confused. LOL. Thanks guys, these two diagrams worked perfectly.