Main Menu

Transmission Mount

Started by Gary AAR, February 21, 2019, 07:32:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Gary AAR

I am in need of a new transmission mount (bracket with integrated rubber bushings).  I see "Mancini Racing" and "The Mopar Shop" both sell a reproduction assembly.  Hoping to find one that is reasonably close to original.  Anybody have any experience with a transmission mount from Mancini or The Mopar Shop?  Is there a better source beyond these two?
Thanks for the help.

Cuda Cody

I get mine from @MoparDave  at Roseville   :alan2cents:

Dan Brewer

Looks like the Anchor mount.  I quit selling them because the quality has gotten so bad, just the weight of the trans in the car has damaged the mount.
For all your A833 4-speed needs: 
www.brewersperformance.com

Chryco Psycho

Good to know , I have used the Energy Suspension Poly insert in the past

Gary AAR

Did you reuse the original metal transmission mount bracket with the Energy Suspension Poly insert?  Did you have to modify the metal bracket in any way?
Thanks.

Chryco Psycho

No , just remove the rubber insert [not easy] & slide in the poly insert , same mount , no mods

RUNCHARGER

Nope: You just gut the original rubber and install the HE stuff. It doesn't look stock when finished though.
Sheldon

Gary AAR

I want to make sure I have the correct transmission mount bracket for my 1970 AAR Cuda 4 speed.  See pictures below of the mount I removed from the car.  The Chrysler part number 3642831 does not match the part number in the Chrysler Parts Catalog.  Maybe the number on the bracket is for the bracket itself, and not the bracket plus rubber insert that is shown in the parts catalog???  Note the bolt that extends through the rubber insert in the picture.  Pretty sure it's not factory original.  Maybe somebodies attempt to fix a failing rubber insert???
Anybody have a picture of the correct mount for a 1970 Cuda?
If I buy the Poly insert from Energy Suspension, will it fit in the bracket I have (bracket part number 3642831)?
Thanks for everyone's help.

Chryco Psycho

Looks like the right part & it fits right ?
Probably from a later year E or B body

anlauto

The Anchor picture is completely wrong. Your AAR transmission mount bracket will look identical to the one you removed and pictured earlier. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration