Main Menu

U Joint Clips

Started by rdf, August 27, 2020, 05:10:24 PM

Previous topic Next topic

rdf

I just got my driveshaft back after being resized, balanced, new u joints, and a new front yoke put on it...but I need 2 of the clips that go on the joint caps on the rear end side.  Does anyone know if they're specific to e bodies or are the typically universal?  Where can I get them?
If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

Chryco Psycho

Someone on the site must have some spares , I know I do but 5000 miles from me !

GoodysGotaCuda

Honestly I would just go buy a cheap replacement ujoint and use the clips off of it. I'm not sure you can get the clips alone.

There are usually some basic width dimensions that you can take to figure out the size.

Cheap joint should be $10-$15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

JonH

Why not ask the shop that did the work? They should have supplied them....

anlauto

I agree, they come with every new U-Joint....why didn't the shop install them or at least give you a couple...I would go back there first...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

anlauto

I was wondering if that's what he meant as well, because it seems very odd the clips are not there :huh:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

rdf

If we never drown we'll never know how well it tastes...so tell me how it tastes and I'll know just how well you drowned.

anlauto

That's not even a Chrysler style clip. What U Joint and yoke are you using on your rear end ? The standard 7920 U joint uses a "C" clip on the inside of the bearing cup.

rdf

Quote from: anlauto on August 27, 2020, 06:31:35 PM
That's not even a Chrysler style clip. What U Joint and yoke are you using on your rear end ? The standard 7920 U joint uses a "C" clip on the inside of the bearing cup.
You beat me to it 😂😂. I just went out and took these pix

anlauto

Okay, so that looks fine....the distance between the two clips should match the rear end yoke width.

rdf

Took the driveshaft back to the shop this morning and got the clips installed.  Thank you for all the help/suggestions, I appreciate it  :cheers: