Main Menu

Used or Reproduction 70 Challenger RT 440 Radiator

Started by kent_goins, August 26, 2018, 01:28:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

Well....I went to install my new Roseville Mopar radiator shroud for my 440 would not fit my radiator. Chalk another one up for my restoration guy who restored the wrong radiator. According to the Chrysler books, my radiator code should be 2998956. This is the listing for a 70 big block E body auto or man. This should be the radiator which fits my shroud.

Anyone know where I can pick one of these up. I understand there is a Chrysler certified reproduction facility (Glen Ray Radiators). I would prefer a used one with the required part no....Got any tips?

KG

6bblgt

the "956" is the most desirable '70 radiator & was used on all HEMI & big-block B & E-bodies with an axle package - so it gets HEMI pricing  :bigmoney:

they have been scrounged as "wanted" for decades now & good cores are few and far between - Glen-ray is a practical solution

what radiator do you have?

RUNCHARGER

I was so happy my last car came with a 956 rad. That was until I took it too a rad shop to have it recored and they told me the top tank was too thin and they wouldn't do it because it wouldn't last long until it leaked. These parts are old and the Glen Ray part is very nice, that's what I would do rather than throw good money after bad.
Sheldon

JS29

Another vote for Glen Ray!!!!  :1place: Bob is A good guy.

kent_goins

The radiator I have is just shy of fitting the mounts on the radiator support but is close. But the mounts for the shroud are 1 inch off. The part number from Chrysler reads as a 1972 C body.

Guess I will bite the bullet and go with Glen Ray ::)

xx88man

Keep yer foot in it