Main Menu

What are these brackets for?

Started by tparker, April 23, 2023, 06:19:28 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

I got a couple brackets I can't identify. I thought they would be for the power steering or alt, but it's not those. Not sure if these are extra parts I picked up at a swap or something or if I missed something when putting the power steering and alt. They might be related to A/C but not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

anlauto

The bottom one looks like the PS bracket for the Federal or TRW pump, top one, not sure :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71GranCoupe

The top one may be an AC bracket for big block motors.

tparker

OK Thanks. I have the saginaw pump. From photos it looks like it connects to the water pump and to the pivot point in the power steering pump? I didn't have anything there and that might be why it doesn't align with the crank pulley. I will go play with it more tomorrow.

Both the brackets seem like they match up with the water pump, but just barely. One bolt is a little tight to get in when I add that bracket.

tparker

@71GranCoupe Yup I think you are correct. I was just looking at a diagram and I could just barely make it out. It looks like it two bolt holes go to the passenger side head and at least  one other goes to the ac unit. Not sure where the other one goes, either A/C or perhaps alt? Maybe?

Mr Cuda

The  big plate we know is ps pivot.
The small plate is 70 up small block a/c.
It bolts to the head,
  the blind nut holds the alternator thru bolt.

If you need anything in the way of brackets,  let me know.

tparker

Thanks, I was bolting the alt straight to the head with a spacer, I was able to add the AC back on and it all made sense... almost. LOL. Now my Alt bolt does align with the track. Ugh I'll figure that out later.