Main Menu

What distributor is this?

Started by headejm, January 12, 2022, 10:32:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

headejm

I have a new Mopar distributor that I bought off of a member here a few years ago. I'm just getting around to installing it and want to know if anyone is familiar with this particular type of distributor. It is vintage 2010 build and the Mancini Racing box that it came in shows the p/n for a 383 distributor (which is what I want). I also purchased a FBO limiter plate and assortment of springs that I don't believe can be used on this style of distributor. It appears that it includes an adjustable limiter (not sure about that). The first photo is of the original points distributor showing the weights and springs. The FBO plate could be installed on that one.

The next three photos are of the new distributor. Is anyone familiar with this style? Is that an adjustable timing advance limiter? Can the FBO plate work with this?

71383bee

That look like the advance plate in the firecore distributor. It is adjustable. The kit comes with a series of plastic inserts that are marked if different degrees. You loosen the plate. Stick in the desired plastic insert then tighten the adjustment plate. Pretty slick process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

headejm

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

headejm

@Bullitt- Very helpful information. Thank you!  :cheers: