Main Menu

Which radiator to choose?

Started by BAM, May 05, 2021, 03:02:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

BAM

Hello guys,

on my 70 challenger, we have changed the radiator support with the bigger one (photo below) and I was wondering which radiator should i install considering:

- 318 CUI with auto A904
- A/C
- Power steering
- Power brakes
- Living in Cyprus where summers are VERY hot :)

I`m not very technical so a part number or link would help me a lot!

Montclaire

I just bought an aluminum one from Auto City Classics (autocity1958 on eBay).  It looks like a very nice unit, is stock-appearing and should cool a lot better than a traditional copper/brass radiator.  I haven't gotten it hooked up yet to try it out but they got good reviews from several members on the boards.  The factory shroud will fit but you'll need to elongate the holes a bit, at least that's how the 22" unit is.  The 26" might just bolt on. 

If you wait a few weeks, I can tell you how the install goes. Just pay attention to where the inlet/outlet are before you order.

headejm

@BAM On a 383 (not sure about 318), AC and automatic trans gets you a 26" radiator. I'd say if your area is hot, you would need/want a 26" radiator also. You also don't want too large of a radiator. Do you know what temperature thermostat you will be running?

Skdmark

If you are looking for an original radiator

A 1970 e-body 318, AUTO and AC would be a 26 inch radiator
Part no: 2998948

My 71 Barracuda with 318,  AUTO, and AC also came with a 26 inch radiator
Part no: 3443971

Not sure if there are any real differences other than the part number.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane: