Main Menu

Will this clutch fan work?

Started by GoMangoBoys, August 14, 2021, 05:16:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

We still needed a fan for our 383 70 Challenger R/T.  I picked up this fan and clutch at the Mopar Nationals today.  The fan is the 2863216.  I looked up this number and saw some pages that indicated that it was 18.5" and works for our car.  We have a 26" radiator and shroud.  The shroud has a 20.5" opening.  I also picked up the clutch in the attached picture.  I am not sure if it will work for our car, but I paid $5, so I thought it was worth taking a chance on.  I paid $20 for the fan.  It has a few blades with matching dings, but those will pound out very easily I think.

anlauto

YES, that's a good fan to use ! and a great price too...Not sure I would trust a $5 clutch, but it's worth a shot I guess...I need a fan too  :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

The matching dings are because a bolt (probably the top alternator bolt) backed out and the repeated tapping slowly bends the edge of the blades....  Seen it before & like you mentioned a little hammer & dolly action fixed it right up...

If you don't like the results with your $5 clutch consider a Hayden 2797...

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 14, 2021, 05:48:56 PM
The matching dings are because a bolt (probably the top alternator bolt) backed out and the repeated tapping slowly bends the edge of the blades....  Seen it before & like you mentioned a little hammer & dolly action fixed it right up...

If you don't like the results with your $5 clutch consider a Hayden 2797...

:iagree: yup, had that happen on one of my cars many moons ago....scared the crap out of me when it happened... :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration