Main Menu

Accurate Exhaust Products

Started by ASA426, March 03, 2017, 04:55:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ASA426

Hello I'm new to the site and was hoping for some info. Can anyone give a review on  Accurate Exhaust Products. Trying to decide on which brand for stock system. 70 hemi cuda. Also if anyone knows of any issues with repo stock cast iron manifolds. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Cuda Cody

I've installed a couple Accurate systems.  They are pretty good and I will use them again.  If you want perfect date coded stuff I think Dave at ECS (http://www.ecsautomotive.com/exhaust.php) sells them, but it does cost a lot more.  For the money Accurate is a great product.  You also get 10% off if you tell them you are with the E-Bodies.org site.   :ohyeah:

One thing I will mention, they are a small company (half dozen hard working people).  They do a lot of Mopar exhausts and if you have any issues at all they are super fast and great to work with after the sale.  That's my  :alan2cents:

fc7cuda

I've used Accurate exhaust complete sets on afew cars and I've been pleased.  I have not used the ECS system yet, but have heard good things.   :alan2cents:

Burdar

I've got an Accurate system on my Challenger.  Overall I'm happy with it. I used to work at an exhaust shop where my boss did a lot of custom dual exhaust systems.  He was really great at bending pipe and his prices were really cheap.  When I saw the price of the Accurate systems, I was shocked at how expensive they are.  After I got over that shock, everything was fine.

The only issue I had is with their clamps.  They aren't very heavy duty.  I broke one while tightening it.  Accurate did send out a replacement for free though.

Their stainless Challenger tips look fine but they don't look stock if that's a concern.  The ends are squared off...not rounded like the factory ones.

A word of advice...Exhaust SUCKS to install on your back while the car is on jack stands.  Get the car up on a lift and your installation time will be cut by 75%. :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: Burdar on March 05, 2017, 07:28:06 AM

A word of advice...Exhaust SUCKS to install on your back while the car is on jack stands.  Get the car up on a lift and your installation time will be cut by 75%. :alan2cents:

Ain't that the truth....I'm still doing them laying on my back after all these years :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

I do it all the time. I use the larger jack stands, sometimes a few inches make a huge difference!
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on March 05, 2017, 08:09:47 AM
I do it all the time........ sometimes a few inches make a huge difference!

That's what she said last night :P
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ASA426

Thank you all so much for the info.

303 Mopar

I bought the Accurate dual exhaust kit for my '69 Convertible and really like their product. It was about $200 more than TTI, but the fit and finish is really nice. The metal is heavy gauge as well.

kathyscuda

accurate has come a long way over the years.
I bought 2 E body complete systems from them  at Carlisle last year.
saved a few bucks.
its on my list to visit there tent again this year to drop another $1000 on an E body system.
it never ends

ASA426

erik70rt

Here is a vid of the Accurate system I installed last year with the upgraded Magnum mufflers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11gy9_6qjfAIcxmg7q4ZFyaKRLem8Ovgn/view?usp=sharing
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Rich G.

I've used Accurate exh many times. Looks and fits great unless you want bare steel and factory markings but be prepared to pay big bucks for that. Accurate told me they're raising their prices very soon.

Shoooter

how much louder is the accurate exhaust magnum at right through system than the stock one?

ksierens

Can anyone comment on how much loader the magnum mufflers are than the stock ones?  I would really like to hear them in person, anyone in the SE Michigan area?
1970 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4 Speed Dana 3.54