Main Menu

1970 Challenger Mufflers

Started by plymouthbelvy, October 28, 2017, 11:52:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

plymouthbelvy

Hi Guys,Looking at mufflers for my car.I would like oem style. Is there a Walker muffler that works good? I have looked at several brands such as ECS and Accurate I believe its called and even Yearone.They all want $500 and up for two mufflers. If I can find some walkers or ap mufflers I will use them.Not super fussy on the exact concourse factory style muffler. Any info would be great and maybe a part#. Thanks,Mike.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

RUNCHARGER

Yep, Accurate. E-bodies are a bit difficult, either you go OEM style or you do a traditional muffler style and suffer the bad mounting and low clearance issues that comes with it.
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

I always thought this was interesting.... Ultraflows, one muffler had to be cut apart & reclocked since Dynomax doesn't build them in opposed designs

Cheaper than all the repo's & stainless steel so they don't rot out...

plymouthbelvy

Thanks for the replies.I have been wondering on the mounting issues using walker type mufflers. They say they are a direct fit and look like same hanger mounts.I just thought it seemed high for mufflers from the other companies.I do want oem style exhaust.