Main Menu

340 Exhaust Manifold Condition

Started by Paul97, December 29, 2017, 04:07:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Paul97

Thanks for all the feedback!

Spent a little time removing the heat riser shaft and the welds that were attempting to hold it in.  There was no penetration on the weld.  Was not real pretty under there.....  see pictures.  One side has a small fracture in it.

If the date codes look like they are probably earlier than my car, than I am not really attached to keeping them with the car.

Reproductions or a better looking set will probably be a better option. The car is completely torn down, so no rush on getting them back in.

6bblgt

Quote from: Paul97 on December 31, 2017, 04:46:24 PM
If the date codes look like they are probably earlier than my car, than I am not really attached to keeping them with the car.

clear pics of the date code would help  :takepicture: what's the SPD of your car?

Paul97

Quote from: 6bblgt on December 31, 2017, 07:50:56 PM
Quote from: Paul97 on December 31, 2017, 04:46:24 PM

clear pics of the date code would help  :takepicture: what's the SPD of your car?

Looks like you read them correctly yesterday.  But here are a few more pics including the other stampings.  SPD was 608, so 8th day of June 1970 according to the decoder.