Main Menu

440 Sound

Started by Claudia, January 16, 2018, 07:50:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Claudia

I am trying to pick out what mufflers I want to run on my '71 Cuda.  I currently have a 440 with a mild cam . . . nothing radical . . . with HP manifolds. 
I plan to run dual exhaust out the back with electric cutouts and mufflers only.  Anybody have any good sound clips to provide of a 440 without headers?

moparmadman69

This is my personal favorite but I may be a little bias. Basically exactly what you described. It fits in all the factory spots but flows better with more aggressive exhaust note than stock without loud droning.

303 Mopar

My '68 with a 440 and 2 1/2" h-pipe with hooker headers and dynomax mufflers.

And now with a 505 stroker, 3" h-pipe with 1 1/7" TTI headers and dynomax mufflers.

Claudia

Those both sounds awesome!  :inlove:

I am trying to steer clear of headers on my car so I am trying to get an idea of the sound of different setups with the HP manifolds.

GY3R/T

Be careful of resonation/resonance with only running mufflers...... :alan2cents:

Chryco Psycho

I ran 2.5" pipe with Dyno Max Super Turbos , sounds great but I do not have a sound clip

Cudakiller70

Flowaster and dyno max turbo comparisons. Hard to tell sometimes sound recordings can vary a lot depending how they are done.

Claudia

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 16, 2018, 08:39:23 PM
I ran 2.5" pipe with Dyno Max Super Turbos , sounds great but I do not have a sound clip

Do you have an "H" or an "X" pipe?

303 Mopar

Quote from: Claudia on January 17, 2018, 05:33:04 AM
Do you have an "H" or an "X" pipe?

I have ran both X and H pipe.  The X will give you minimal, if any, performance gain and causes a higher tone in the exhaust like a newer car.  The H has a deeper more throatier tone like a classic muscle car.  I switch the X on my Cuda back to an H and the deeper tone is noticeable, much better sounding IMO.

usraptor

I have the Dynomax Ultra Flow mufflers on my 440 with headers and X Pipe 3" exhaust.  Very nice muscle car sound. Check out U-Tube for sound clips and comparisons.

303 Mopar

Quote from: usraptor on January 23, 2018, 09:24:06 AM
I have the Dynomax Ultra Flow mufflers on my 440 with headers and X Pipe 3" exhaust.  Very nice muscle car sound. Check out U-Tube for sound clips and comparisons.

Got a link?

usraptor

Quote from: 303 Mopar on January 23, 2018, 09:42:41 AM
Quote from: usraptor on January 23, 2018, 09:24:06 AM

Got a link?

Try this.   https://youtu.be/MmXwXZ9z2Cg