Main Menu

anyone use Summit 3" exhaust kit ?

Started by Lilian, July 20, 2017, 12:29:25 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Lilian

I got one with a car I bought a few years ago and it is supposed to fit 70-74 E bodies.

As i have no exhaust on my Cuda, I was willing to use it and save many $$$$

it looked like nothing fit ...

anyone with this exhaust ?

thanks for your help !

Lilian 

erik70rt

I used one on my Barracuda.  The fit was very tight, but it works.  Do you need a 3" exhaust?  I know you said you want to save $$$, but it's a pain to put it on the car.  I had to bend one of my gas tank corners to get it to fit.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Lilian

thanks Erik

well it is really complicated to import another exhaust system because of regulation on noise and it has to be certified .... so I would like to use this one at the moment and later when I buy another car in the US, put a TTi in the trunck and swap on my cuda.

I have a 440 engine with mild cam and unknown bottom end specs but it works fine and I do not want to tear it down. I only want to make the cuda a driver as it has been sitting for the last 2 years now.

hawkfn18

I used their 2 1/2 inch kit and added my own mufflers.  The bends are nice, fit was ok, the collectors sucked.  I ordered separate collectors and welded them on.  I was able to use the factory mounting points to hang the exhaust.  It takes a lot of fitting and had to trim some of it here and there to make it fit right.  One thing I would suggest is if you decide to get it, hang the exhaust from the rear forward.  It was easier that way to make sure it fit right with no rattles.  I also added extensions from the mufflers to exit outside of the valance because i didn't like the way it sounded with turn downs.  You also might want to spring for different muffler clamps, stainless steel band clamp type.  Overall not bad for the money. 

Lilian

thanks for the feedback !!

any piicts of the exhaust kit installed ?

8)

Brads70

3" is overkill on a street car IMO , they can also have an annoying drone at certain speeds.

RUNCHARGER

Nah! You need it with 286" per side.
Sheldon