Main Menu

Attaching Exhaust Hanger

Started by Cudajason, February 16, 2018, 07:13:17 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudajason

Hey,

I need to install the factory 70 style exhaust bracket on the passenger side of my cuda. 

The bracket is the one pictured on the right below.  This bracket was typically welded on form the factory and I don't have a welder (YET!!)

I was thinking of just drilling it and bolting it on for now...any other ideas?!?!?!

It is pretty clear where it goes.

Jason

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Cuda Cody

One was welded and one was bolted.  You might be okay with some 2 part bonding adhesive or you can do what you have suggested and bolt it in.

moparmadman69

Drilling and bolting or adhesive bonding will all work fine. My only suggestion is the get your exhaust and hang it to make sure that you have the bracket in the exact right position. It would be a bummer to drill holes only to find out later it was in the wrong spot. I've had customers install them in the wrong area and then the exhaust wont fit right. I'm assuming you had to replace the metal on the floor pan where the bracket was welded from the factory?

Colby

Shane Kelley

If your not welding it I would get another plate with the studs like on the drivers side. Drill your holes and bolt it up. I wouldn't trust panel bond with that small of a area and having something pulling and vibrating on it all the time.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

I agree with Shane, drill and bolt it. :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

jimynick

AND, if those don't work, if it's driveable, bring it over to our garage and you can use our MIG or we'll stick it on for you.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

erik70rt

Does anyone have the measurements for the exact placement to install the right side bracket.  I want to drill right the first time.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.