Main Menu

Challenger T/A muffler hangers

Started by muscleonly, October 31, 2019, 10:37:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

muscleonly

Does anyone know who reproduces correct T/A muffler hangers, I tried Classic Industries but theirs arn't even close. I'm not talking about clamp that goes around muffler, I need the rubber and metal hangers

HEMICUDA

Cuda Cody

HEMICUDA

Quote from: HEMICUDA on October 31, 2019, 11:40:03 PM
Call Gardner Exhaust, their hangers are the "closest" to original.

https://www.gardnerexhaust.com/exhaust-systems/mopar/1970-mopar-e-body-340-ta-and-aar-exhaust-systems/

UPDATE

Just talked with Erik at Gardner Exhaust, unfortunately, they don't sell hangers separate from complete exhaust systems.

Burdar

Does Dale's Cuda Shop sell that hanger?  How close is it to the original?

anlauto

Here are Dale's Cuda Shop Hangers. If you don't want to deal with the guy selling Dale's stuff on eBay  :pullinghair: :headbang:  ...you can buy them direct from Josh's Muscle car Parts  $52.00/pair :twothumbsup:

I'm not hear to comment on the accuracy of the reproduction, just displaying what's available out there. :bigthumb: you can be the judge.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

Found this picture on the ol' Interweb  :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Further searching...
Here's the ones sold by Accurate Ltd. for $77.00/pair

muscleonly

Those hangers from Dale's Cuda look like the type I tried but the area that hooks onto the muffler strap is to narrow and the strap wont fit into it, the strap is wider than the perch area, wont hold it

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

Quote from: muscleonly on November 01, 2019, 10:40:58 AM
Those hangers from Dale's Cuda look like the type I tried but the area that hooks onto the muffler strap is to narrow and the strap wont fit into it, the strap is wider than the perch area, wont hold it

Interesting :thinking: I've used these parts in the past without issue.

I have a set of new straps on there way here right now, once they arrive I can measure out the width...also coming from Dale's via Josh.

anlauto

This is the area where the strap sits in. You're saying this area on the hangers you have is too narrow, and doesn't accommodate the width of the strap you're using ?

muscleonly

Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about, my straps are exactly 1 inch wide, do I have the correct straps?

muscleonly

That area you show in your picture is only 3/4 inch wide on the ones I purchased, so the 1 inch wide hanger wont fit into it there

anlauto

@muscleonly I received the AAR band clamps today, (takes awhile to get stuff shipped to Canada) .
These are Dale's Cuda shop sold through Josh's Muscle car parts.

They measure 20mm or roughly 13/16 wide and fit very nicely in their hangers.

One issue is the too large of hole where the self tapping screw goes, but they supply a clip nut and bolt....seems nobody can get all the details correct. :pullinghair: