Main Menu

dodge ram exhaust ?

Started by cuda hunter, December 10, 2019, 01:05:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

How do I remove this?  Or, if not removeable how do I tell if it is open or closed.  I would like to wire it open.

85 dodge ram 350 , 360 727 1 ton 2x2
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

Get some gloves on and with the engine running try turning it by hand ???? The sound difference should tell you if it's open or closed shouldn't it ??? I have no idea really...but if it does you'd at least know where to turn it so it's open when you wire it up :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Of course, good idea.  running.  I'll try that. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Burdar

The first thing to do is just grab it(when it's cold) and see if it moves.  It could be frozen in place.   What's your reason for wanting it open all the time?
If it's still working properly, I'd leave it.  You can watch it warm up and see if it moves to the correct open position.  If you really want it open all the time, you can drop the pipe and put a tack weld on the shaft to keep it where you want it.(or remove the flapper and leave the shaft in place)

Chryco Psycho

Removal requires cutting the welds on the flap & removing the shaft , of course you can leave the shaft in place it will harm nothing & that will keep the hole plugged

cuda hunter

moves nice and easy like it's supposed to.
Spring is there.  just haven't paid attention to it while running.
I've been pre-occupied with body work. 

The heat riser is not doing any good as the pipes that would have connected to the exhaust manifold  in the rear were butchered.  I plugged them. 

So what is it doing for me if the exhaust riser pipes are removed? 

Chryco Psycho

it is forcing hot air through the intake to provide heat under the carb to prevent icing in cold weather