Main Menu

Dr Gas Boom Tubes

Started by 303 Mopar, June 02, 2017, 08:59:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

I recently installed 3" H-Pipe exhaust with Dr Gas Boom Tube side exhaust mufflers.  I was looking for a deep, throaty sound, and loud of course. I also wanted a side exhaust that stayed tucked up tight to the car.  The Boom Tubes did not disappoint.  They are high quality material and fit perfect.  You can get the side exhaust with or with out a muffler built in, which also cleans up the undercarriage.  They also offer other mufflers that vary from quiet to extreme.

http://www.drgas.com/boomtubes

303 Mopar

The Boom Tubes fit nicely! 

Cuda Cody

Looks good AND sounds GREAT!

Jay Bee

usraptor

Love the look and sound!  :twothumbsup:

CudaMoparRay

Wish I had seen these before buying more traditional T/A style Chrome tips. I like that you can barely see them. Still an option for cutouts.

Challenger in NC

Sounds terrific

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shawge

Yeah!! Those sound awesome.  That initial startup was cool  :bigthumb:
1970 Challenger, 451 MS3Pro EFI
Colored wiring diagrams
Wheel spreadsheet

cuda dad

They sound very healthy.  I was kind of expecting a burnout or something  :burnout:

RUNCHARGER

Not the sort of thing I usually like but those look cool. You show good taste on that car.
Sheldon

HUSTLESTUFF

WOW!!!  I am so glad I joined this site.  I had plans to use some spin tech side exit mufflers and route to side but these are actually the look I was after.  Another one of the renderings I used for my design was this one with the red stripe and the oval side exit exhaust.  It almost looks like he had seen the Dr Gas mufflers when he drew it up.  I'm assuming you went with 3" and flat side on bottom?
I'll order mine next week.  I have some Pypes X tubing that I didn't use on my Charger due to Gear Vendor OD.  Mike

303 Mopar

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on June 08, 2017, 04:12:17 AM
I'm assuming you went with 3" and flat side on bottom?
I'll order mine next week.  I have some Pypes X tubing that I didn't use on my Charger due to Gear Vendor OD.  Mike

Yes @HUSTLESTUFF, 3" and flat side down.  One of the cool things about these mufflers is they are beveled so the exhaust tube can stay tucked up tight to the floor board, then it drops before the muffler to allow you to clear the body.  This was an important point to me because I also installed subframe connectors and this muffler cleared them.

HUSTLESTUFF

Thanks @303 mopar They are on the way.  Should sound great with the 440.  My girlfriend will love driving it.  She loves all my loud S#!t.  LOL.  And how does that call out work?

moparcar

@303 Mopar did you get the pre-cut angled tubes with mufflers or uncut full length with integral mufflers and then cut the angle? Love the look and sound!

Wes

303 Mopar

Quote from: MoparCar on June 09, 2017, 05:53:53 AM
@303 Mopar did you get the pre-cut angled tubes with mufflers or uncut full length with integral mufflers and then cut the angle? Love the look and sound!

Wes

Thanks.  They are loud so be prepared. I got the pre-cut and had them paint them the high temp flat black.  I thought it would be easier to mount them where I wanted them relative to the body and rear tire first, then bend the exhaust pipe to fit.

Quote from: HUSTLESTUFF on June 08, 2017, 09:55:41 PM
Thanks @303 mopar They are on the way.  Should sound great with the 440.  My girlfriend will love driving it.  She loves all my loud S#!t.  LOL.  And how does that call out work?

For the call out decal, I just emailed a local sign print shop the detail and pic of what I wanted.  They measured the current AAR shield decal, drew it up and printed the new decals off.  They even removed the old decal and installed the new ones.