Main Menu

Drilling for Muffler Body Mounts ['Cuda]

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, July 06, 2017, 04:27:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

I need to install a pair of these TTI muffler mounts and was wondering if anyone had vertical height measurements for the mount?

TTI mentions ~7-1/2" laterally from the frame rail, but not up/down the floor.

Thanks
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

1 Wild R/T

Pull the back seat, there should be four dimples in the floor....

Brads70

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 06, 2017, 05:10:14 AM
Pull the back seat, there should be four dimples in the floor....

:iagree:  There is on a Challenger that I do know.

Burdar

On the drivers side there should be.  Not on the passengers side though.  Since ALL cars used the PS mount, it was welded to the floor from the factory.(in the years that used that style mount)

GoodysGotaCuda

Thanks. I don't have either mount on my 72 barracuda. I'll see what the back of the floor looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

7212Mopar

I did this about a month ago. There are dimples at the driver side for locating the bracket after you lift the rear seats. I used a cardboard to trace out and transfer to the passenger side using the seat brackets as a rough reference.  I started with a small drill bit and then check brackets location inside and outside to make sure all decently line up. You do not have to be perfect.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

usraptor

Okay, here are some pics of the OEM hangers on my '70 'Cuda.  The car is black and the pipes/mufflers/hangers installed so it was hard to get a good picture.  Basically the top of the hanger brackets sit approx 6 1/2 inches below the top curve in the body. The outside edge of the hangers is 6 1/8 inches from the inside edge of the frame rail.  The bottom of the bracket is approx 9 1/2 inches below the start of the curve at the top.  The bottom of the bracket is approx 1/2 inches above the start of the bottom curve of the body.  Since my car is black I marked the edges of the brackets in the pictures in red.  In the first picture the red line represents the start of the bottom curve of the body; apporx 1/2" below the bottom of the hanger. The last picture makes it look like the outside edge of the hanger is 6 1/2"s from the inside edge of the frame rail.  It's 6 1/8", trust me.  Hope this helps.