Main Menu

Exhaust Install Problems - updated - with Video!

Started by Cudajason, April 14, 2018, 09:01:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

"It has been nothing but easy."- I think you mean it's been nothing near easy Jas. What a royal PITA!  I PM'd you about a buddy who may be able to help. Let me know if there's something I can do personally.  :bigthumb:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cudajason

Quote from: jimynick on May 10, 2018, 07:43:31 PM
"It has been nothing but easy."- I think you mean it's been nothing near easy Jas. What a royal PITA!  I PM'd you about a buddy who may be able to help. Let me know if there's something I can do personally.  :bigthumb:

Yeah that's what I meant!!!

But GOOD NEWS!!!!

I sliced an inch, well a little less than that, off the short headpipe, and that allowed it to slide back enough to fit onto the manifold!!!   :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

Man I about whacked my head off the underside of the car once I got it to fit!!! 

I am happy with the way the driver's side fits, like I said the passenger side, not so much, but I think it will work.

So next up is adding turn downs to the mufflers.  I do not have the cut out valance, which is fine with me.  I have some turndowns mocked up, need to finalize the fit and weld them up.

@jimynick if you are around would you mine tacking them up for me.  Not sure when I'll have them ready, but hopefully sometime next week.

Thanks for all the support ton this guys...very frustrating.

1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Cudajason

Ok ok  ok...I got her back together and running.  Still unhappy with the how the drivers side fits, the resonator sits a few inches past the resonator mount.

My daughters prom is tomorrow, and she asked me to take her in the cuda, so I decided to get her back together and live with it for now. 

It is quieter than it was before, but still has a nice rumble.

Happy to have the car ready to go the year after not having it ready to go until very late in the year last year.

I will say I am VERY happy with the manifolds.  They sealed up very nicely, and the tick tick tick is gone.  All the exhaust sound is finally out the back!!!  I mean you can hear the fan moving the air from the front of the car!

I will post video shortly.

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

Cudajason

here is a quick walk around of the old girl idling.

https://youtu.be/_DIGyWUD4LU

Cudajason

nsmall

Love the paint job.  Thats awesome if you get to take your daughter to prom in the Cuda.  How about just letting her drive it alone? :pokeeye:

Its maybe just my computer, but it sounded toned down to me.  Not sure what you had before, but I personally love loud exhaust.  I'm glad you finally got it to fit.

Cudajason

Quote from: nsmall on May 23, 2018, 09:30:48 PM
Love the paint job.  Thats awesome if you get to take your daughter to prom in the Cuda.  How about just letting her drive it alone? :pokeeye:

Its maybe just my computer, but it sounded toned down to me.  Not sure what you had before, but I personally love loud exhaust.  I'm glad you finally got it to fit.

Thanks man...people usually love or hate the paint, there is no in between.

that was the idea, tone it down a bit...so I am happy.  I will see if I can find an old video of the Thrush 2.5 inch exhaust I had on last year.

Always happy to take the kids out for a spin, prom is extra special.  But no, she is not driving it. :foul:

Jason

Timbbuc2

I like the paint job as well. With head phones  on my computer it sounds really good. Well done
Get in, I'll drive