Main Menu

Has anyone used American racing headers

Started by Beetle, November 20, 2018, 01:06:27 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Beetle

I was wondering if anyone has used ARH 440 headers I just ordered a pair of stainless 2" into 3" for my 73 Challenger and  couldn't find any reviews. Hoping someone could give me info on how they fit. For almost 1700 they better fit great  I was approved for pmt. Plan 150 a month so thats not so bad if they fit good . Anyone have a set?

Brads70

I have not personally dealt with them, I see them on an AMC forum I belong to. They look like they do really nice work but wow are they out of my price range. The AMC guys seem to have good things to say about them?

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

I've never had luck with Hooker headers but I haven't used their wedge engine headers. What's wrong with TTI?
Sheldon

1 Wild R/T

Beetle

They arrived and look awesome, I'll be installing. Them as soon as it warms up a little here in Minnesota.

Brads70

They sure look nice!  :wowzers: Interested to hear how they fit!

Beetle

Well I got them on and they fit awesome,  all the spark plugs are very easy to get at and none of the plug wires will burn on the headers, steering linkage clears I can change the starter (mini) without taking the headers loose. They don't rub anywhere, I put them on with the car about two feet in the air and it went like a breeze, clears power steering, ,motor mounts are easy to get at too. They cost a lot but they're worth it. Now I just have to drive it and see if the scrape the ground they do hang a little low but that is normal for most headers.
I rate them 5 stars I'll post a video soon.
this was a no frustration installation.

dave73

For close to 700 more than TTI, what makes them better?

Brads70

Quote from: dave73chally on May 15, 2019, 09:46:28 AM
For close to 700 more than TTI, what makes them better?

They are stainless I believe .... but I hear ya, that price is tough to swallow. I'm considering them for my 71 AMC Javelin..... :notsure: