Main Menu

Headers, good news and bad news.

Started by tparker, December 09, 2020, 01:44:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

I was looking into get some headers for my 340 when she comes back from the shop. I have been waffling between a set of Dougs or TTIs. I also (like everyone else) trying to save a few bucks where I can. Luckily I found some Doug headers locally for $500 for the ceramic coated ones. Awsome deal. Went out today and bought them.  :wowzers: :veryexcited:

Did I say bad news? LOL. Turns out that after his add said to double check these are the right ones, and when I picked them up he asked if I was sure they were the right ones, I get back home and realized they were the wrong ones.  :rubeyes: I missread or mistyped the number. They are the D451 and not the D453. I bought 383-400 headers instead of small blocks. Argh. Got so excited and was even saying how awesome and odd that I would happen to look and find exactly what I needed. hmmm.

Anyone need a pair of 383-400 headers for $500 within driving distance to Sacramento? LOL. Shipping might kill the discount deal.

Argh

7212Mopar

Seller won't take it back if it was never install?
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

tparker

Maybe. But it was my fault and he mentioned it 3 times. Once in the original thread, once on the phone, and once when I picked them up. I can get rid of them, it just will take some time to find someone that needs them. Ack. Lesson learned about getting too excited when you see something. LOL

gzig5

That is a bummer.  Shipping will be high, but maybe not so bad on the West side of the Rockies.  I had a set of Hooker 1 3/4" 5115 shipped to WI from the East coast for just under $100. The low purchase price made it worth the shipping cost for me.  You might not get it all back but you should be able to price them with shipping for less than they can be bought new, and still recover the majority of your investment.   Or, drop in a stroker 383/400 and solve the problem with gusto.

Scooter

That sucks.

If you are hard up for a set of headers I have a set of SB Hedman Tight tubes:

And a Pypes stainless exhaust system I just pulled off my 74 Challenger in favor of my new TTI setup (left side of photo):

I'd really grind you on price... you'd have to drive to Mountain View from SAC and bring a 12 pack of Lil Sumtin.

Shoot me a PM if interested.  ;)