Main Menu

Installed TTI exhaust on my 71 - sound clip

Started by bs71challenger, February 16, 2020, 05:41:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

bs71challenger

I finally replaced the garbage summit racing exhaust on my car and installed a TTI kit. Left the Doug's headers on it, and used a pair of vintage Sonic Turbo mufflers that I had but were never installed on anything. Eventually I will put TTI headers on it when it gets a new powerplant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hbFNmpNrLo

Cuda Cody

Sounds great.  Just like a muscle car should.   :burnout:

nsmall

:stayinlane:

Sounds healthy.  I am happy with the TTI purchase myself.  Their stuff isn't cheap.  I think just for my tips I paid 350 or something.

bs71challenger

nsmall,
I bought their tips, and they are pricey. But really nice.

boydsdodge

I would like to see more of your Challenger. It is very rare to see an F7 green 71 with argent silver tail panel, dual exhaust and duck tail spoiler..
Where can I see more of your Challenger?
Thanks.

bs71challenger

I'll try to up load some more pics. The previous owner installed the rear spoiler.

blown motor

Sounds great. Why is there only steam coming out the left side? I've seen that before but never understood it.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Mixup7071

Sounds good,but doesn't most of your sound come from the mufflers you choose, I have steam coming out of my left side to not sure why unless it's worn rings

Chryco Psycho

STeam may just be moisture build up in the pipes often mufflers have a small drain hole one might be plugged

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Mixup7071 on February 23, 2020, 07:42:46 AM
Sounds good,but doesn't most of your sound come from the mufflers you choose, I have steam coming out of my left side to not sure why unless it's worn rings

Mufflers do make a big impact on sound but the tips do as well. The different between a stock stamped Cuda tip and a cast TTI tip is dramatically different sounding. I think the TTI tips give a more authoritative sound. Stock tips tend to sound fluttery. IMO 

kawahonda

TTI provides a nice, stock-ish sound. I'm sure it will appease every Mopar person's ears. The included mufflers (dynomax) are NOT aggressive, which is a good thing. My dad was surprised at my TTI exhaust/mufflers..."I expected them to sound louder"...almost like they were too stock to his liking....they are NOT loud mufflers! More-stockish than not which IMO is a perfect balance.

I recommend against any sort of expensive tips. You can buy the tips off eBay for dirt cheap and they look pretty darn exact for a for a fraction of the price and contain the 2.5" inlets to bolt right up to the TTI exhaust. Save your money!

My muffler shop painted the hangers, which I agree with them. Those "square" brackets that you can easily see from the rear look much better blacked out.

TTI exhaust, stock engine/manifolds, eBay tips:

1970 Dodge Challenger A66