Main Menu

Intermediate pipe options

Started by Shoooter, March 31, 2020, 09:58:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

I have ran into a snag with my exhaust system.  I purchased a system minus the intermediate pipe from accurate exhaust as the said the would not work with my headers. After looking at a friends car with there whole system  ( with manifolds) I found out the will line up very nicely.  Here is my problem since I didnt order them with my kit (would have been cheaper if ordered with my other parts)the intermediate pipes with no risers to the manifold are $365 american and shipping is $295 American to me in Canada.  With the exchange that's over $1000 Canadian for the pipes. I cant afford that. Our boarder is closed as we all know but shipping is free to the states,

So here is my question,  is there another system people have used say like flowmaster, ect that sells just the intermediate pipes for a decent price? I'm ok if they need to be modified alittle
All the local exhaust shops arnt the best and i dont think that they can match the quality of the rest of the car.  Any suggestions?

Chryco Psycho

Runcharger / Sheldon might have some options

RUNCHARGER

Not sure if these guys can help or not. I can tell you that I bought two 3 inch B-body systems from them years ago and they fit right into my E-body by just shortening them a bit (I couldn't believe how well).
I would call them and see if they have the "cards" to bend them for you, I bet they do. Muffler Tech in Coquitlam, 604-945-3569.
Other than that I would get some PVC and cut and glue up some headpipes yourself and then take that pattern in to a muffler shop and have them made up.
Sheldon

Shoooter

I could do that if i cant find a piece that will fit

Shoooter

@RUNCHARGER do they make there own kits or was it a brand name one? Was it good quality? I need it to match the accurate ones and I believe they use aluminized pipe.

RUNCHARGER

They made their own pipes on their own bender using their own patterns. My pipe was aluminized but I bought them at least 10 years ago so you would have to contact them now for current info. They were excellent quality, I liked them better than the two TTI systems I installed afterwards on other cars.
Sheldon

Shoooter

Still haven't found a solution for this