Main Menu

replacing TTI exhaust tips

Started by mopar jack, September 17, 2019, 05:38:41 PM

Previous topic Next topic

mopar jack

Has any one tried to replace the TTI tips on a cuda with original tips? I have some originals that I modified for 2.5 inch tail pipe and am thinking of drilling the spot welds to pull the chrome tips off and tack  to TTI's  pipe.

GoodysGotaCuda

I believe the inlet location on the TTIs is quite different than the factory tips.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Chryco Psycho

Just replacing the Chrome on the TTI tip is likely the best bet , may be tough to weld it though

303 Mopar

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on September 17, 2019, 09:51:57 PM
Just replacing the Chrome on the TTI tip is likely the best bet , may be tough to weld it though

Finding a place that will re-chrome that may be difficult, seems they are few and far between anymore. @GoodysGotaCuda is right, the TTI tip and exhaust system is far from stock. You will need to measure and custom fit it.

mopar jack

The inlet on the TTI tip is large enough to slip in a 2.5 inch pipe. The bulge it makes especially on the bottom side causes a very tight fit at the valance. I'm going to separate the the tip on the TTI and try to slide an original tip on. Unfortunately the TTI tip is welded all the way around and will take a lot of grinding to remove.