Main Menu

So, you thought TTI was a little expencive.... try AMC

Started by Brads70, February 21, 2018, 08:25:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Brads70

New header just came out for AMC ..... :o   look at the priceman! .. $1700 ? WOW!

https://americanracingheaders.com/products/amc-amx-headers?variant=6826564583478

There are cheaper ones/other manufacturers but wow! Talk about sticker shock!
Hey I found something more expensive than Mopar parts!  :haha:

Chryco Psycho

BIGSHCLUNK

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Daveh

I agree way too much.  However, not knowing AMC's if it fit's well goes around the appropriate accessories and all of the other ones on the market don't work well it may be a good deal.  Why do we purchase the TTI headers and not the cheapie headers.  You pay for what you get.

Solarguy

From the link:

"A first of their kind for AMC, all 304 Stainless Steel material that is 100% USA Made"

How much would TTI's cost if they were available in stainless?

Brads70

Quote from: Solarguy on February 22, 2018, 09:34:03 AM
From the link:

"A first of their kind for AMC, all 304 Stainless Steel material that is 100% USA Made"

How much would TTI's cost if they were available in stainless?

I was thinking that also but, that was a little " ambitious" on their part. I was also looking into these.... also in 304 stainless.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/122198164716?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I must admit though the $1700 dollar headers do look very nice and well built/designed, just not sure the extra price is warranted as to the maximizer brand headers?  I've been searching on google for reviews about this brand and can't find any real negatives so far....?

7212Mopar

1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Brads70

Quote from: 7212Mopar on February 22, 2018, 10:14:57 AM
AMC is 304SS vs TTI coated steel.
Understood, what he was saying/or what his point, is what would TTI's cost if they were stainless instead of steel.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

61K T/A

The ARH long tubes for my SS were $1500.00 cash out the door.  That s the best deal I found. They fit like a glove with out any installation swearing. I was really impressed with the quality and fitment! ARH are the best.  I think Dyno Don was medling with the AMC stuff a while back.

Strawdawg

Not many AMC's out there and not many suppliers....some one has to pay for the development work :)
Steve

RUNCHARGER

I had a customer in today saying he can't get a water pump for a 72 and older AMC.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho