Main Menu

Source for correct style exhaust clamps

Started by JH27N0B, September 22, 2018, 06:34:16 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JH27N0B

On my T/A, for the exhaust I used NOS parts except for the head pipes and zinc plated clamps, which I'd bought from Dales Cuda Shop.  The car had only been run and driven briefly before one of my tips came loose.  While tightening the clamp down after reinserting the pipe in the muffler, the U bolt snapped like a twig.
I went to NAPA and bought their clamps and used them to clamp my pipes and mufflers together securely, except one head pipe to muffler inlet.
Recently a Mopar restoration guy was looking at my car and commented that I had incorrect aftermarket clamps on my car except the one.  He said his install trick is that he uses aftermarket clamps to tighten down the components securely, then removes them and puts the resto clamps on.
So I want to put resto clamps back on, but am now missing 2.  I remember I heard Dales stopped selling to the public now?  I checked Megaparts and Roseville and don't see these clamps.  Lots of sources seem to have Q clamps now, but who has the ones I need?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

That seems to be what I'm looking for, thanks Alan!

HEMICUDA

Do you mean the "Q" clamps?  ECS Automotive just released these before the MOPAR Nationals, as good as it gets.  2" and 2-1/4", I bought a dozen of each.

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

HEMICUDA

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on November 02, 2018, 06:59:51 AM
Those are nice.

Oh yea, I used a set on my AAR, HEMI Cuda, T/A, 6pk Cuda and I have more for customer cars coming in.  I almost fell over when I seen them at the Nat's.

JH27N0B

So T/A and AARs got Q clamp style exhaust clamps?  I had heard those were used on standard dual exhausts but not the trans am car side exhausts.

pink aar

I'm confused with this clamp. I bought a Accurate exhaust system also. The clamps I received didn't look like this for my AAR???????????????????????????????????? HELP ME THEN

anlauto

Personally I've never seen "Q" Clamps used on the exhaust system of an AAR Cuda or T/A Challenger, but there are obvious experts out there that will say different. Does anybody have the pictures of the yellow T/A survivor, did that have original exhaust ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

pink aar

I have friend that bought a 46k aar all original . I 'll ask him for some pictures.

JH27N0B

I have Barrys DVD of the low mile T/A.  Unfortuntely I just dropped my computer of at the PC doctor today as it was getting messed up, so I can't look at the DVD now.
IIRC the DVD didn't have much of the underside of the car, as he didn't have access to a lift when he took all of his pictures.