Main Menu

Those w/TTI Exhaust Experience - Please Enter

Started by GoodysGotaCuda, April 28, 2017, 06:44:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoodysGotaCuda

All,

I am reaching a point where I am getting more serious about sourcing my exhaust system. I would like to have it in place for firing the engine for the first time and for routing my fuel system [to ensure adequate clearance]. I have the TTI Hemi conversion headers and think that using their exhaust will give me the least amount of fuss. In the meantime, I have a few questions:

• Does anyone have a TTI dealer they recommend for lowest pricing?
  • Does anyone know of top/bottom view drawings for the various TTI exhaust configurations?
    • -They list X and H pipe, with my T56 Magnum being as large as it is, I would like to evaluation how far aft each of those crossovers are to determine   
      clearance. They also have a Gear Vendors option, which may be more like what my T56 is dimensionally [somewhat]

• Are there any inherent issues with routing 3.0" tubing to the rear valance on these cars?
    • 2.5" vs 3.0" - From a performance aspect, I expect 2.5" to be sufficient, but would like to vet out using 3.0".

• Are there any other details that I should be aware of when buying an exhaust?
    • My car is originally a single-exhaust Barracuda that now has a 'Cuda rear valance, perhaps there are some hanger differences I should know about.

• I am planning on buying their exhaust without mufflers.
    • What did you do? How do their mufflers sound on your car?
    • If you bought your own, what did you use?

1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Chryco Psycho

some dealers offer discounts so wait for sale. I think Mancini has a tax sale right now .
Nothing on drawings but if you talk to Mike at TTi about what you are doing I am sure they will have experience with what you want to do .
Non issues with routing 3 " just use their tips .
Typically you have to add a bolt on hanger behind the rear set for the Left side
I have always used the Dynomax Turbo mufflers they provide, they sound great with no drone

GoodysGotaCuda

Thanks for the feedback, are you familiar with why the TTI exhaust tips are special? They're about $310/pr and some others are around $170/pr
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Chryco Psycho

difficult to make in 3" with the dog leg but TTI is overpriced but good quality

Shane Kelley

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on April 28, 2017, 10:54:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback, are you familiar with why the TTI exhaust tips are special? They're about $310/pr and some others are around $170/pr
Love their stuff. Call David Radcliffe at Roseville Moparts. He's a vendor and always has great pricing. I will show you a couple of pics of different systems. The red car has a 426 Hemi with Tremec 5 speed. 3" with X pipe, Dynomax mufflers and TTI tips. Headers are also TTI.  The system on saw horses is 2 1//2 " TTI for a Cuda. It has Flowmaster Series 40 Mufflers and TTI tips. Their tips are very high quality cast stainless steel. Factory tips are stamped sheet metal on a Cuda. Both systems install with very little fuss and fit very nice. The Dynomax muffler is pretty quite until you stand on it. Interior is nice and quite. Flowmasters are noisy but sound pretty bad ass sounding IMO. Loud going down the road. Sounds pretty sick idling with nasty cam. 

303 Mopar

TTI has top notch quality and fit and are my go to headers, mufflers, and tips.  I have installed a three sets of 1 7/8" ceramic coated headers with 3" h-pipe.  TTI now configures their H-pipe further back in case you ever add a gear vendors overdrive.  The tips are high quality and fit very well.  I have found that they do stick out about an extra 3/4"-1" than stock, but you can always trim it to your liking.  Here are some pics from my '71 Challenger.

erik70rt

I put TTI headers on my Barracuda as they were the only set I could find where I really liked the fit and the routing.  Since my car is a 4 speed, I had to get their modified z-bar, and all fit well.  I ran the headers into a 3" system that I got from Summit including the Summit turbo mufflers.  System was a bit louder than I anticipated, but I like the tone.  Fit is a little tight with the 3", but we were able to get it to fit without much difficulty. 

Not too loud when cruising, but very loud when you get on it.

I'll post a video of it if I can figure out how to do it.
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

RUNCHARGER

Ì installed two TTI 3 inch systems within the last two years on a Hemi Challenger and a Hemi Cuda. I also installed a cutdown 68-70 B-Body 3 inch system from Muffler Tech. You won`t believe it but the Muffler Tech system seemed to fit a bit better IMHO. I just had it laying around and decided to try it and it worked great. I think I paid about $250 more than 12 years ago, the only caveat was that I had to weld the collector cups to the headpipes myself. I ran a rear sway bar with the Muffler Tech setup too.
Sheldon

dave73

I bought my 3" x pipe from mancini, they were the lowest price but would've price matched if they weren't. They also provided the sections to adapt my hedman headers to the tti x - not sure what headers you are running but tti sells any adapter you may need. I bought my own mufflers, dynomax super turbos through a big box retailer - nice tame sound for daily driving with the plan to go cutouts in the future for when I want it loud.

7212Mopar

I got the TTI headers and exhaust system for my Challenger SB LA. Unlike the pictures shown on this thread, my X pipe section hangs down and only few inches off the ground. I installed it per TTI markings on the exhaust pipes for L and R but it does not look right. I am suspecting TTI's reference for L and R is from looking to the back of the car instead of L for DS and R for PS.

I will be lifting the car on jack stands again this weekend to see what the heck I did wrong. One step forward and one step back :pullinghair:
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Shane Kelley

Quote from: 7212Mopar on January 12, 2018, 12:39:52 PM
I got the TTI headers and exhaust system for my Challenger SB LA. Unlike the pictures shown on this thread, my X pipe section hangs down and only few inches off the ground. I installed it per TTI markings on the exhaust pipes for L and R but it does not look right. I am suspecting TTI's reference for L and R is from looking to the back of the car instead of L for DS and R for PS.

I will be lifting the car on jack stands again this weekend to see what the heck I did wrong. One step forward and one step back :pullinghair:
Do you have the X pipe upside down?  :thinking:

7212Mopar

I will see if I can rotate the short piece right after the header and see if the X pipe section lift up. If not, I will take it apart and flip the X pipe section to try. Before I do that, I will compare the end of the X pipe section where one side of the pipe turns slightly at an angle with the pictures posted in this thread.

Stayed up till one in the morning lst night to fix the cooling leak at the lower alternator bracket water pump. Sorry to vent here.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

ToxicWolf

Quote from: GoodysGotaCuda on April 28, 2017, 10:54:02 PM

The difference is stainless steel. The stainless are the expensive ones. They also sell them that are not stainless.  Those are the cheaper ones.

303 Mopar

Quote from: Shane Kelley on January 12, 2018, 12:49:28 PM
Quote from: 7212Mopar on January 12, 2018, 12:39:52 PM

Do you have the X pipe upside down?  :thinking:

I bet you have it upside down.  Try to flip it and work with the pipes.  I should be snug up against the floor with just a little gap.  your headers should hang down lower than the x-pipe.

Shane Kelley

When you look above at the pic of my complete system on saw horses it's upside down. Looking at the bottom of the red car you can see the X pipe goes up close to the bottom of the car.