Main Menu

TTI sent me the wrong headers....sigh

Started by nsmall, September 22, 2017, 10:03:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

@Burdar....the torsion bar runs into pipe number 7 by over an inch.

@Shane Kelley http://www.manciniracing.com/25xpipesystem41.html

So you're telling me that this system in the link above will come with tips as they're like 330 bucks by themselves?  There is a slip on Style that seems like it would be easier for my exhaust guy to hook up, but you're saying to buy the ones that are already welded on...won't tweaking it be harder if they are welded on?  Are the TTI tips quite different than the actual OEM style TTI tips that they sell?

Thanks a lot folks

Shane Kelley

I bought my system in 2012. So I don't remember all of he details of the order. I think the tips are a add on price to the system. They are a very high quality thick cast stainless steel piece thats been polished. They fit excellent. Any adjustments will come from the hanger or where the tailpipe comes out of a the muffler. As far as removing rear valance. Most people rarely ever have the need for that. But if you needed all you would have to do is unbolt the hanger bracket in the trunk floor and that would allow the tailpipes to hang down some. Yes this stuff is pricy. But the quality speaks for itself when you unbox and install it.

nsmall

http://www.manciniracing.com/tticutiwetot.html

Looks like it is sold separately.  I thought there was OEM Style and a TTI custom tip but I guess I'm wrong....there's just one style of a tip.

The only cost $350.   :crying:

Katfish

There's other options.......
Be happy it's not a Challenger, they $450 for those tips.
They are really proud of these tips for some reason, equal or better quality can be had for less than half what they charge.
Welding fee?

7212Mopar

I got the Accurate version of the Challenger exhaust tips, stainless steel and cost way less than TTI. But they don'the look like stock or the TTI. They are more oval than rectangular. The radius is too large. I will put it on when is time to see but got a feeling I might need to get the TTI. I don't know about the Cuda tips.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Burdar

I was under the impression that the only difference in the A and E headers was the slip tube. I guess not if the bar hits the tube.

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Shane Kelley on September 23, 2017, 12:11:49 PM
I bought my system in 2012. So I don't remember all of he details of the order. I think the tips are a add on price to the system. They are a very high quality thick cast stainless steel piece thats been polished. They fit excellent. Any adjustments will come from the hanger or where the tailpipe comes out of a the muffler. As far as removing rear valance. Most people rarely ever have the need for that. But if you needed all you would have to do is unbolt the hanger bracket in the trunk floor and that would allow the tailpipes to hang down some. Yes this stuff is pricy. But the quality speaks for itself when you unbox and install it.

I have TTI from headers to tips and have to somewhat agree. It's very very expensive, but it all fit out of the box with no drama. The tips are fixture welded which helps make it less fuss, to me. I would go with 2.5" next time, however, I have 3.0" since I have future plans to supercharge the Hemi.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Shane Kelley

Another thing to remember is that tips can have a big effect on the sound. I have had and also listened to the exhaust through factory tips and other brands. Sometimes they can make the exhaust sound fluttery. The best way I can describe it is a foot foot foot sound instead of the sound of authority. I think these TTI tips being a thick cast piece and a straight shot design help with that sound. If you notice the factory ones have the funny upward curve right at the tip. I suspect that causes the fluttery sound. :alan2cents:

nsmall

@Shane Kelley   Shane, mine sounded like it was fluttery.  I am trying to work out at TTI as my car is stuck on a lift right now.  I might get $90 off the tips.  I am planning to hook them up to my non TTI 2.5 system as I cant justify buying a whole new system.

here is what I was looking at buying http://www.manciniracing.com/ttiwerecuti.html as I dont currently have hangers in the stock location so hopefully my exhaust guy can make it happen.  There is a slip on tip and a tip that has a hanger on it but the tips listed in the link above seem like my best option.

Thanks for any advice.

Neil

nsmall

@Shane Kelley

So TTI gave me a decent discount on some slip on tips.

I know you already posted a couple of pictures but I was going to see if you could post some more as I want to show my exhaust guy roughly where they should go.

Can you hook me up on this thread with some pics?

Not sure how he's going to get this on straight as I'm thinking the best way would be for the valance to be already hooked up.  I didn't end up buying a full TTI system but I'm having 2 and 1/2  pipes installed under the trunk as right now it goes down to 2 inches.

I hope this isn't a big disaster for an exhaust guy but I'm sure I'm not the first person to have him do work like this.  I just need these things to come out straight as I can't stand crooked looking tips either. 

Thanks

FSHTAIL

Let's hope everybody's cars are perfect for the TTI tips to fit right on a pre welded jig

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

GoodysGotaCuda

Quote from: Chris Pauluk on October 01, 2017, 03:00:29 AM
Let's hope everybody's cars are perfect for the TTI tips to fit right on a pre welded jig

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

There is enough slip in the system to compensate for anything I would expect to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

Shane Kelley

Hopefully these will work for you.

nsmall

@Shane Kelley

Thank you for the pictures.   So I'm going to run 2.5 exhaust off of my TTI headers.

My exhaust guy has Flowmaster super 44s or Flowmaster Delta's in stock. He said the Delta's are 5% quieter and very popular.

I don't mind noise since my car is going to be layered in sound deadner.   Which should I pick? 

Thanks

Shane Kelley

Quote from: nsmall on October 05, 2017, 07:00:04 PM
@Shane Kelley

Thank you for the pictures.   So I'm going to run 2.5 exhaust off of my TTI headers.

My exhaust guy has Flowmaster super 44s or Flowmaster Delta's in stock. He said the Delta's are 5% quieter and very popular.

I don't mind noise since my car is going to be layered in sound deadner.   Which should I pick? 

Thanks

Sorry. I'm not familiar with those. Although i'm sure either will still sound really good. You need to just check the sizing. I had ordered the series 50 (Delta's?) when I did my system and they were to big for the Cuda floor pan to fit.  So I went with the 40's that were smaller. So be sure and check for that!