Main Menu

TTI Shortys pictures

Started by Cudakiller70, July 24, 2017, 09:59:29 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cudakiller70

Some pictures of TTI Shortys for those thinking of getting these. I also used TTI's adaptor pipes, which worked pretty good. If you need the pipes up tighter for a lowered car, I do think a good muffler shop could make the adaptor pipes themselves to fit up a little better.  It was harder to get the old long tube headers out than to put these in.
Drivers side first 5 pictures.
Passenger side last 5 pictures.

1 Wild R/T

Thank You, it looks like they fit extremely well.....

Cudakiller70

Forgot what happened during install, drivers side adaptor pipe hit clutch fork. TTI's fix after verifying clutch fork was right one was to send an adaptor from an A body. It's the (top pipe in picture) pipe with the short smaller diameter welded piece and the bend starts a little sooner.
In hindsight  I think I should of trimmed the clutch fork a hair and massage the pipe for clearance.

Cudakiller70

This picture shows how they fit height wise to the chassis using TTI's adaptor pipes. Both pipes are at the same height. Fairly tight.

FSHTAIL

Looks pretty clean. 

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

1973 BS23H Cuda' 340/TKX 5 speed (70 AAR clone-ish)

Cudakiller70

And ridiculously easy to install. Just use high temp silicone with gaskets per their instructions.  :twothumbsup:

1 Wild R/T

Was there a noticeable difference in power between the long tube & short tube headers?

Burdar

Depending on block, you might be able to still use the engine to trans braces. On mine, one side fit perfectly. The other just needed a small notch put in the bracket. It's common practice to toss those brackets during a header install. The factory designed them for a reason. I'm glad I was able to retain them.

Cudakiller70

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on July 31, 2017, 04:54:28 PM
Was there a noticeable difference in power between the long tube & short tube headers?
Haven't driven it yet. The way I drive lately I doubt I'll even notice. Can't get it done other stuff keeps coming up. I put these on because I wanted it a little lower and tired of the headers hitting. Theories I've read are long tube for mid to higher RPM power and short for low to mid range power. :dunno: