Main Menu

What piant are you using for Exhaust manifolds ?

Started by gaddied, May 01, 2020, 06:54:58 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gaddied

I would like to paint my 340 exhaust manifolds . So what high temp paint is good ?

anlauto

Over the years I've never had good results with home remedies... I send all mine out for ceramic coating now....excellent results, lifetime warranty  :twothumbsup: http://www.fireballcoatings.com/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=1&Itemid=11
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Scooter

^^^ This. Only thing seems to stick well is ceramic coating. You get the additional benefit of the thermal barrier as well.

JS29

Some one out there has ceramic paint for use with a spray gun.  :alan2cents:

Burdar

Seymour has a high temp "Cast Blast" that I've heard good things about.  I've got a can but haven't tried it yet.  Years ago I tried a manifold paint from the makers of POR15.  It started flaking off after a very short time.

Rich G.

I blast my manifolds and use the Eastwood manifold paint. I brush it on and it last for years and you can easily touch it up anytime.

Dakota

My exhaust manifolds were professionally powder coated.  No run time on them yet, but everything hi my I read beforehand indicated anything else will fail fairly quickly.

kawahonda

My local powder coating place does ceramic coating on manifolds. I'd probably just let them tackle mine to be honest since they will blast them first. The price was really competitive ($200-300 IIRC) and it's probably warrantied.
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

Scooter

Quote from: kawahonda on May 01, 2020, 08:47:21 AM
My local powder coating place does ceramic coating on manifolds. I'd probably just let them tackle mine to be honest since they will blast them first. The price was really competitive ($200-300 IIRC) and it's probably warrantied.

Worth every centabo at that price point.

JS29

kawahonda

Not sure if that includes blasting, but they always do exceptional work. I wouldn't think twice about using them. Maybe it was more like $350 or something, but the price seemed very fair last I checked.

I'm considering to have my trunk hardware powder coated when I drop off the manifolds.

70 Challenger Lover

I know people laugh at this solution but I've always used the high temp rattle can paint in cast iron color. It's easy and looks fantastic. I've never used it on daily drivers that are left outdoors but on the cars I use it on, I've gone ten years without problem. On the car I'm doing now, I've been considering the thicker paint on stuff by Eastwood but I cannot complain with the rattle can result.

kawahonda

I'm sure there's rattles that would "look" good enough for a long while, but the benefits of ceramic coating are much greater---not just looks.

70 Challenger Lover

Yeah ceramic coatings are nice and far more durable. I throw it out there as a simple affordable solution.

Mrbill426

Has anyone used POR-15 high temp manifold paint?