Main Menu

71 cuda convertible 383. Mannix TV show.

Started by Roberto, April 23, 2021, 07:47:53 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roberto

Hi guys new member here, this is my 71 cuda vert 383 that I own since 1989, I believe is a car from the 70s TV show Mannix I'm trying to document.

Any information on the cars from the series will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

anlauto

Wow...welcome, that's quite a car !!!!
Interesting it has the 73 rear bumper and guards on it  :thinking:

Hopefully someone here can help you out, after all this is the best E Body website in the world... :grouphug:

Are the VINS of the TV show cars known ?  I take it your VIN starts with BS27N1B ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

what's the VIN?
& what's on the fender tag?

AFAIK there are 3 publicly known 'cuda convertibles from the MANNIX series, a '70, '71 & '72 (modified '71) - it would make sense that there was a back-up car for such a big part of the series (MANNIX' car)

:thinking: or with the '73 bumper * were they considering another 'cuda convertible for the '73 season & this is it? - but they ended up with the production sunroof Challenger  :dunno:

"WE" need more info on what you have ....... is there a story that convinces you that it is a MANNIX vehicle?

is there evidence of "dark green metallic"?

1972V21Cuda

This would be a big find if it's a Mannix car👍

Roberto

I found the interior is painted dark green.
I attached 2 photos to show the original color of the car.

Roberto

Quote from: anlauto on April 23, 2021, 07:57:15 PM
Wow...welcome, that's quite a car !!!!
Interesting it has the 73 rear bumper and guards on it  :thinking:

Hopefully someone here can help you out, after all this is the best E Body website in the world... :grouphug:

Are the VINS of the TV show cars known ?  I take it your VIN starts with BS27N1B ?
Mine is BH27L1B...

Roberto

Quote from: 6bblgt on April 23, 2021, 08:54:23 PM
what's the VIN?
& what's on the fender tag?

AFAIK there are 3 publicly known 'cuda convertibles from the MANNIX series, a '70, '71 & '72 (modified '71) - it would make sense that there was a back-up car for such a big part of the series (MANNIX' car)

:thinking: or with the '73 bumper * were they considering another 'cuda convertible for the '73 season & this is it? - but they ended up with the production sunroof Challenger  :dunno:

"WE" need more info on what you have ....... is there a story that convinces you that it is a MANNIX vehicle?

is there evidence of "dark green metallic"?
Yes I find the dark green color, I'll post some photos.

6bblgt

there were 2 metallic greens for 1971 a light green GF3 & dark green GF7  :takealook:  I'd say yours was originally the lighter GF3

is there a fender tag?  can you share the full VIN number?

6bblgt

what's the story/connection to MANNIX?  a 383 2bbl Barracuda that was originally painted "green"??
what grill is the front end set up to accept?
how well is the '73 taillight panel & bumper assembly attached?  any prior damage visible in the trunk floor?

you are going to have to come up with some evidence and more than one sentence replies to solve or document what you have

anlauto

I still find the 73 rear bumper very odd, can't see the film production company getting that "detailed" and can't even imagine why some one would add that when most people take them off :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Roberto

Yes, I can share the vin numbers, here is a photo of the actual vin number.

6bblgt

is there a fender tag?

that VIN is close to a known Chrysler Company Car (which a sponsored TV car would be),  but built Oct. '70 & 383 2bbl doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a MANNIX origin

6bblgt

what part of Mexico?

1B172724 (1 VIN sequence number before this car) is an EXPORT Barracuda convertible

anlauto

Quote from: 6bblgt on April 24, 2021, 05:51:13 PM
is there a fender tag?

that VIN is close to a known Chrysler Company Car (which a sponsored TV car would be),  but built Oct. '70 & 383 2bbl doesn't make a whole lot of sense for a MANNIX origin

What are the other known Mannix cars ? (engine wise)