Main Menu

Ebay/craigs list cars

Started by dodj, March 30, 2021, 04:55:33 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Maybe it's just me but I find multiple cars for sale listings from ebay etc out of place in the 'Recent forum Topics' at the top of the forum. I think the 'recent forum topics' does a good job of keeping people informed as to what topics are current and keeps people engaged. But posts of just links to a car for sale seems more like advertising to me and takes away from the 'recent forum topics' intent.
Maybe consider not listing those posts under recent topics? Maybe not possible? Anyway, just my opinion.  :cheers:
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

JH27N0B

There's one member here who posts links to ads here constantly. Occasionally a very interesting car will come up on eBay or Craigslist, something rare or well known. Maybe a car that's "sketchy".  And those are ads that a number of members end up discussing.
But just posting every E body listing that ever comes up, and in some cases overpriced cars that have been listed for a long time, over and over every couple weeks, gets pretty old and clutters up the forum with what can almost be described as spam.  Few are interested in discussing a 318 project car that got listed on eBay so why start a thread on it? And most of us check out eBay ourselves, no need to repeat every single E body listed there here!

RUNCHARGER

Yeah: It can be annoying, I have purchased a few cars from far away that I didn't know about that way though. On the other hand if you're interested in something, everyone else is going to know about it as well.
Sheldon