Main Menu

forum alert suggestion

Started by cuda hunter, October 31, 2021, 07:04:39 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

I am on all the for only sites.  They have an alert box that shows you when you have had someone post in a thread that you have posted in.  For some reason this alert really makes me go back to threads I'm involved in.  Even though it's just a little red thing in the upper corner I find myself involved way more with any thread I've posted in. 
I know there is a new posts tab as well as a new replies to my posts tab which I like, but the alert truly doesn't let me forget about stuff.  I think it would be a good idea on the site here.  There are lots of posts here but not as many as fabceo sites.  The alert tab would help the post count no doubt. 

Just sayin.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

BIGSHCLUNK

I'm on the FBBO site and the email alerts work very well for me  :ohyeah:

cuda hunter

I get emails here if I want them.  If I set the option to email me. 
But I'm speaking of the little alert on the top right side of the home pages. A little red bell comes up and clues me in that I have unread conversations that I am involved in. 
It's right in my face, so I end up clicking it and looking at the threads. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Jay Bee

I'm not on any of the "for only" sites. I'm just curious, if possible can you post a screenshot of what this is. I guess it would have to wait until someone posts in a thread you posted in.

cuda hunter

I don't know how to screen shot.  Well I do know how to screen shot on windows 10 but I don't now how to retrieve it or put it onto the site. 
Anyone have a suggestion as to how to post a screen shot here?
I'm not on a phone.

Bullitt-

windows-10 same as every windows ....hold down Ctrl and Print Screen buttons at same time.    Open photo editing software, paste & save as a Jpg file with unique name.
Use the Attach: feature under post/msg on this website to upload 

If you need photo editing software Paint 3D is free
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/paint-3d/9nblggh5fv99?activetab=pivot:overviewtab
.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Jay Bee

Just like Bullitt said.
My  :alan2cents: the image should be in your Pictures in a folder named Screenshot, at least it is in mine.

dodj

Here you go.
If you look up by my forum name you will see the little alert bell Josh is talking about.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Bullitt-

I imagine we all have our favorite ways to access a given site, this is how I do it
https://forum.e-bodies.org/index.php  Same as pressing the Home button above

This lists all posts in order by time, newest first, you will see that there is a different icon next to any post that you have made a reply in.  See Yellow arrow I added

I'll admit they can be hard to notice at a glance 

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

cuda hunter

I have never noticed those ques on the left.  I'll have to look closer.

I didn't really like the alert bell on the for only sites, but after being there for some time I find them way easier to use than the systems here. 
The systems here are not a problem or anything, actually I used to be really used to them here and not used to the for only sites but after spending time on those sites I have found that the little alert thing is very nice. I scroll my mouse over the bell and a drop down comes up with the threads that I am involved in that have a new post. 

Still love this site, Just mentioning what helps me look at more threads on the other sites.  After all, the site owner wants people on here as long as they can be on.  Then they look at all the advertisements more and in the long run helps the site owner hold onto the site (unlike cc.com). 

cuda hunter

Quote from: Bullitt- on November 02, 2021, 03:41:43 AM
windows-10 same as every windows ....hold down Ctrl and Print Screen buttons at same time.    Open photo editing software, paste & save as a Jpg file with unique name.
Use the Attach: feature under post/msg on this website to upload 

If you need photo editing software Paint 3D is free
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/paint-3d/9nblggh5fv99?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Thanks a ton, I will try it out.