Main Menu

Guitar riffs keep happening

Started by Topcat, August 22, 2017, 06:52:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Almost every time I come here, a guitar starts playing for about 3 seconds and then it goes away.    :dunno:

Sometimes it happens more than once while here.

Cuda Cody

It's google adsense.  You will notice that the ads rotate on the site on a cycle to rotate between our sponsors each time you refresh or click on a new page.  Google adsense sells some of the ad space.  So each person will get different ads based on what google feels is most relevant to you.  Some of those ads will have moving gifs and sound and others will be static images.  You must be getting a google ad that has sound that tries to play.  I wish I had more control over what google does, but they maintain the control over the ads and who gets what.

When it happens again look at the page and let me know what ad is doing it.  Scroll up and down and see both the ads on the top and bottom of the page then let me know what ad it is.  I might be able to submit a request to google to block that ad on our site. 

Topcat

Topcat

Guitar is gone. Hasn't happened since last week.   :dunno:

Cuda Cody

The ad that was being used must not have continued to pay for space.  Google sells the ad space for us and they must have found a higher bidder for the space.  Glad to hear (no pun intended) that it is gone.   :)

Quote from: Topcat on August 27, 2017, 09:25:36 AM
Guitar is gone. Hasn't happened since last week.   :dunno:

dodj

Hmmmmm....I keep getting Victoria Secret ads....
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Brads70