Main Menu

Hey Cody! Site "grabbing" Ad identified!

Started by ViperMan, September 25, 2017, 04:52:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

Hey @Cuda Cody - there was that discussion a little while ago about the ad that forces the website to scroll to the bottom when an ad is playing - well, this ad is doing it like CRAZY today.  (Picture below).  It appears to be an ad for "Saxenda," some nonsense weight-loss drug.  I realize it might not be the ad itself, but perhaps whatever the "Ads by >" company in the top-right of the image that might all do the same thing.  Not sure, but already 3 different times I've been forced to the bottom of the page to watch this ad.

Hope this helps!!

Cuda Cody

That same ad was giving me trouble and I blocked it.  There was 2 ads that were "grabbing" the screen and moving the view.  I BLOCKED them both.... This pisses me off that they are still running.  I'll see what I can do to add another level of blocking to get them off our site.

Cuda Cody

I've added more blocks so that it should be off our site for good.   :verymad:

ViperMan

Shane Kelley

That's interesting.  I kept thinking it was my mouse causing that to happen. :pullinghair:

ViperMan

Quote from: Shane Kelley on September 25, 2017, 11:13:47 AM
That's interesting.  I kept thinking it was my mouse causing that to happen. :pullinghair:

I thought my bad online habits had given my computer a virus...   :vipermanhiding:

Shane Kelley

Quote from: ViperMan on September 25, 2017, 11:24:56 AM
Quote from: Shane Kelley on September 25, 2017, 11:13:47 AM

I thought my bad online habits had given my computer a virus...   :vipermanhiding:

Looking at Camaro sights can be risky! :haha:

ViperMan

Hey @Cuda Cody - that Saxenda ad is actually back today, and keeps stealing the screen again, and now there's an ad for "GadgNews" that is also trying to scene-steal, and when they both appear on the screen at the same time (one atop the discussion thread, one at the bottom) it literally makes the screen flicker back and forth between the two ads...

Both ads have that "Ads by >" logo at the top.

anlauto

I don't have anything like that on my computer. I'm using Google Chrome. :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

ViperMan

Quote from: anlauto on September 26, 2017, 05:03:15 AM
I don't have anything like that on my computer. I'm using Google Chrome. :dunno:

I'm on a work computer so I don't have as much control over my choice of browser.  :)

ToxicWolf

Quote from: anlauto on September 26, 2017, 05:03:15 AM

I have much better experiences with Chrome also.  But, there are things it can't do.

Cuda Cody

I'm using Chrome too and those ads were grabbing my browser too.   :verymad:  Since everyone gets different ads (based on a number of things that google thinks is import... like location, time and history) we do not all get the ads that are having issues.  I blocked ALL Health ads in hopes that would stop it.  But it didn't. 

I'm going to block "GadgNews" now and see if that helps.  Also changing some other settings to try and get this solved.  If it happens again, try to click on it or find out what the ad links to so I can research it and block it.