Main Menu

How to attach picture to PM

Started by blown motor, January 03, 2024, 10:00:30 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

How do I attach a picture to a personal message? When I click on the button in the top bar I get what's in my picture below. What's URL, where do I find it and how do I use it?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

70vert

I've not found a way to do that either. Frustrating because then I just have to move the conversation to an email.

Cuda Cody

This is something I too have thought about.  I do not know if it's possible, so let's wait and see what @TwitchisMental says.  He might know a way to set it up so we can send images in PMs?

mtull

@Cuda Cody

What software runs our forum?  vbulletin?

Jay Bee

I've adapted and just live with it. I either do what 70vert said or put the picture in a thread.  :alan2cents:

Katfish

I attach a link from a pic hosting site

MoparLeo

moparleo@hotmail.com  For professionally rebuilt door hinges...

jimynick

Murray, URL is short for Universal Resource Locator. That and only that is what I know matey.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Cuda Cody

We use Simple Machine Forums.   :twothumbsup:

Quote from: mtull on January 03, 2024, 11:54:08 AM@Cuda Cody

What software runs our forum?  vbulletin?

TwitchisMental

Quote from: blown motor on January 03, 2024, 10:00:30 AMHow do I attach a picture to a personal message? When I click on the button in the top bar I get what's in my picture below. What's URL, where do I find it and how do I use it?
Currently using an external URL is the best/correct solution.

There is a MOD/Plugin to enable the use of attachments in PMs but it is not up to date for the latest version of SMF. The good news is that another SMF customizer is working on making an updated version of said MOD/Plugin.