Main Menu

Is the Forum working OK for you guys tonight?

Started by cataclysm80, September 18, 2017, 07:41:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 24, 2017, 04:34:51 PM
Mac Sierra here, only issue I've ever had is when the site is down & I can't access anything which is expected.....  Oh, the site looks great unlike that "other" site... :haha:

:haha: :rofl: :haha: :rofl:

340challconvert

Site has been working great for me lately,
Using Google Chrome for the longest time
Site was trying to continually scroll to the bottom of the page
No longer having that problem.
Thanks for the "repairs" to whatever was modified.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

cataclysm80

On numerous occasions tonight, I've clicked on a topic name so that it would open and I could read it.

However, instead of the topic opening (as it should have), I was redirected to Academy Sports and Outdoors, which is one of the advertisements elsewhere on the screen.  Usually it takes me to a page about dog kennels, but I was also shown a dirt bike, and a trampoline.

Clicking the Back button on my browser returns me to the forum, where I can again attempt to open the topic by clicking on it.

IF this happens while your in the "Show New Replies to Your Posts" section, then when you click the Back button to return to the forum, the topic you were trying to open will no longer be shown on the screen.  (probably because the forum thinks you just clicked on it, and there's no new comments on it since then)
That can make it a bit difficult to track down the vanished topic, to read or reply.

So, is this just me, or are other people also being redirected elsewhere when trying to open topics?

Roadman

73_Cuda_4_Me

My avast safezone browser works fine with this site... Windows did push out updates the last 2 days, slowed better half's FB to a crawl, then spent 1 hour installing the updates on her...
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

cataclysm80

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I think this time it's probably just me.   
I've noticed that I had the same issue with a different website, and it redirected me to that same Academy website with the dog kennels.
More than likely, this is being caused by some adware on my machine, which is replacing other advertisements with its own advertisements, and occasionally redirecting me when I click stuff.

6bblgt

similar was happening a couple weeks ago with a few of us & a jewlr.com ad  :angry:

Brads70

I'm having trouble loading a page, takes over a minute to load a page or to reply to a post. Seems after a few pages are loaded it speeds up and improves. I open another window and try other sites with no issues?  Just thought you should know  @Cuda Cody

Cuda Cody

Cuda Cody

Let's keep an eye on it and if it does not get better I'll reach out to the hosting company and see what they did.   :verymad:

RUNCHARGER

I have a page hesitate to load about once every two weeks or so. Generally the site is smooth as a slant six at idle.
Sheldon

HP_Cuda

With Spectre and Meltdown most Service Providers are patching and bouncing servers on a rolling basis.

So you may see some slowdowns over time.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

Jalaska907

Im having trouble most of the day.  Im using chrome.  I uploaded 10 photos and long text in the restorations section, went to add more photos, and its taking extremly long to upload, then goes to a blank white screen, i have to close out the browser to get back to ebodies.org.  Ive tried restarting my computer, resetting my router, and still having issues.  Ive also tried just uploading one picture, and it still does it.  Not trying to complain, just trying to help.  Thanks

Cuda Cody

@Jalaska907  I think it has to do with the photo size.  The forum runs a program to resize them however we have seen some super large photos that have trouble uploading.  If you resize them it should work.  Also, if you want you can email them to me and I'll resize them for you.  codyreich@comcast.net   :bigthumb:

Spikedog08

Quote from: Cuda Cody on January 28, 2018, 09:35:38 PM
@Jalaska907  I think it has to do with the photo size.  The forum runs a program to resize them however we have seen some super large photos that have trouble uploading.  If you resize them it should work.  Also, if you want you can email them to me and I'll resize them for you.  codyreich@comcast.net   :bigthumb:

Or me at davewitt @ EarthLink.net
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!