Main Menu

Junk folder

Started by Burdar, February 15, 2017, 01:02:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Burdar

Everything that gets sent to my Hotmail account from this site ends up in my junk folder.  Any idea how to stop this from happening?  I click on "not junk" and it moves over to my inbox.  However, all new messages still end up in the junk folder.

Cuda Cody

@Burdar  I'm sorry to hear that the emails are getting placed in your junk folder.  Let me see if I can help.  Can you try this:

~Sign in to the Hotmail website.

~In the upper-right corner (or somewhere on the page), click Options, and then click More options.

~Under Junk e-mail, click Safe and blocked senders.

~Click Safe senders.

~Enter e-bodies.org and then click Add to List.

Let me know if that works.  And I'll look in to seeing if we can buy a certificate or something that helps us be trusted by more email accounts.  This is still pretty new to me, but we'll get this figured out.   :slapme5:

ec_co

get an SSL Cert, it's the way of everything now and will help on a couple fronts (a 'Trusted Site' being one for browser/email recognition, site security being another)
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

Sweet!  I'll look in to it.   :ohyeah:  Thanks man!

Quote from: ec_co on February 15, 2017, 02:07:53 PM
get an SSL Cert, it's the way of everything now and will help on a couple fronts (a 'Trusted Site' being one for browser/email recognition, site security being another)

anlauto

My Hotmail does the same thing, but I don't care....I just treat the junk folder like another inbox, I always check it a empty it ten times a day... :bye:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Thank you guys for letting me know.  It does appear there are something we can do to help this issue.  I'm working on it now and will let know once we make some improvements.   :bigthumb:

Burdar

I found where to add this site to the "safe list".  We'll see if it works.  I check my junk folder all the time too.  I just like things going to the proper location.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Cuda Cody

Ha ha, funny Alan.   :drunk:

We have some changes being set up and will be adding a certificate.  Should see some improvements in the next few days.   :twothumbsup:  Thank you guys for letting me know these things were happening.

Burdar

A couple more emails got sent to the junk folder.  After hovering the cursor over the email, it listed the sender as "forum@e-bodies.com"  NOT .org.  Maybe that is the issue?  I added the new name to my safe list.

anlauto

Whatever you've done.....The notices are now coming to my Hotmail inbox. I did nothing on my end :dunno:

Cuda Cody

Thank you guys for letting me know and good catch on that .com thing.    :clapping:

We're working on it daily and there's still more we will be doing to make it work better.  Getting the certificate in place with the Forum software is a little harder then a normal website, but we'll get it done, I promise you.   :handshake:

Chryco Psycho

Mine are in there too not that I am missing anything as I drop in when I can anyway ..

Cuda Cody

The Forum now has the Certificate in place.  So things should start getting better.   :bradsthumb:  Still have a few small things we're working on.   :wrenching:

Quote from: ec_co on February 15, 2017, 02:07:53 PM