Main Menu

Mouse scroll wheel issues (stops working)?

Started by Cuda Cody, April 14, 2017, 07:01:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

About a 3 or 4 days ago my scroll wheel on my mouse stopped working with our forum.  But it still worked on other sites.   :huh:  So I closed my browser and reopened it and it worked.  But it stopped working a couple other times and I did the same thing to fix it.  Now it's working for me, but I just got a message that someone else is having mouse scroll wheel issues.

Has anyone else had their scroll wheel stop working on our site?  If so, what browser are you using and did closing the browser fix it? 

I'm using Chrome.

71GranCoupe

It happened to me also Cody. I just thought it was on my end and did a restart and deleted thousands of cookies and it has been fine since. Any chance it may have been the site? I remember on one of the downloads of some of the new resource material, I had to do a restart before I get get them to load.  :popcorn:

Chrome here too, fyi.

Topcat

mopar jack

Thought it was just me. It seems to happen When a page first opens and I start scrolling to soon. I can still move the page up or down with the arrows on the side of the page.

mopar jack

I just logged back in and I opened the show unread post since last visit link and started scrolling before the page loaded and it locks the mouse scroll wheel everytime.

Chryco Psycho

Happened to me last week too .
Closed the window & opened a new one & it worked fine again

Spikedog08

I would probably check to see if you have the most current driver for your mouse!  That's all I got . . .  :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Brads70

:popcorn:  Happened to me too , using chrome, close browser and reload thumbwheel fixed. No idea what's causing it though? When it messes up it's only on this site though....

Aar1064

Could be a Chrome issue. I use IE and have had no issues. Chrome is a very resource hungry app with prying eyes. I use Mozilla Firefox as a back up browser.

anlauto

I've been using Chrome with no issues .......so far :looney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Let's keep an eye on it and if it happens anymore would you guys please post here in this topic and let me know what browser you are using.    :soshelp:

mopar jack

I'm using chrome and It also happens on the cuda-challenger site.

Cuda Cody

This helps a lot!  So far we can assume it might be an issue with the SMF software and Chrome. 

@mopar jack  what are you doing to get it working again?

Quote from: mopar jack on April 15, 2017, 08:36:01 AM
I'm using chrome and It also happens on the cuda-challenger site.

Cuda Cody

Also, how long ago did this start happening for everyone?  For me is was all in the last few weeks.  I wonder if Chrome did an update?  I'm using Chrome Version 57.0.2987.133.

mopar jack

To make the scroll work I close the link and reopen it. It started about a week ago.