Main Menu

Not allowed to send private messages

Started by DodgeRodge, November 04, 2021, 03:33:38 PM

Previous topic Next topic

DodgeRodge

Hello,

I'm trying to send a private message but always get this error:

An Error Has Occurred!
You are not allowed to send personal messages.

What can I do to fix this?

Many thanks

Jay Bee

You need at least 10 posts. Fastest way is to welcome members on the Intoduction thread. This was done as a way of preventing spammers.

Filthy Filbert

Kinda of a dumb rule, but it's to keep down on the spammers and scammers.   They won't put the time in to make posts and contribute to the forum.

Just go make 6 more posts on any random topic, and you should be good to go. 

Shouldn't take long.   Read any of the topics and reply with "hey, that's awesome!" or whatever.   

cuda hunter

Or you can post up some pictures of your mopars and get some comments about your awesome cars. 

What do you have?  Simple to post them here.  Right down below on the reply screen says "choose file". 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70vert

It's a good policy, and easy to get past for a true forum enthusiast.

I find it ironic though, and a bit frustrating that you cannot send pictures via the private messaging function. Can that be changed/fixed? Or am I doing it wrong?

Jay Bee

Quote from: 70vert on November 05, 2021, 06:12:15 AM
I find it ironic though, and a bit frustrating that you cannot send pictures via the private messaging function. Can that be changed/fixed? Or am I doing it wrong?

There's a work around to this that Topcat posted in Reply #3

https://forum.e-bodies.org/general-topics/7/pictures/15154/msg201805#msg201805

I think it has something to do with cost, Cody hinted at that in Reply #19

https://forum.e-bodies.org/test-area/1/testing-photos/4/msg32399#msg32399

DodgeRodge

Quote from: Jay Bee on November 04, 2021, 03:43:25 PM
You need at least 10 posts. Fastest way is to welcome members on the Intoduction thread. This was done as a way of preventing spammers.

Ahh many thanks. It would be great if that requirement would be shown somewhere. I already did read the newbie guides but it wasn't mentioned anywhere.
Appreciate the clarification.

DodgeRodge

Quote from: Filthy Filbert on November 04, 2021, 04:22:44 PM
Kinda of a dumb rule, but it's to keep down on the spammers and scammers.   They won't put the time in to make posts and contribute to the forum.

Just go make 6 more posts on any random topic, and you should be good to go. 

Shouldn't take long.   Read any of the topics and reply with "hey, that's awesome!" or whatever.
Thats exactly what I'm doing now, I think this thread should be just fine to achieve the 10.

DodgeRodge

Quote from: 70vert on November 05, 2021, 06:12:15 AM
It's a good policy, and easy to get past for a true forum enthusiast.

It would be good, if that requirement is shown when you try to send a message. Adjusting the error message text would be a solution.

DodgeRodge

Quote from: cuda hunter on November 04, 2021, 06:52:31 PM
Or you can post up some pictures of your mopars and get some comments about your awesome cars. 

What do you have?  Simple to post them here.  Right down below on the reply screen says "choose file".
I don't have an E Body yet, but I do own another Mopar.
I will post some pics now to reach 10 posts...

DodgeRodge

The exact opposite of an E Body  :)

DodgeRodge

One more photo with a friend.

cuda hunter

NICE!!   A 300 in F9.  No vinyl top!   Love the look of that car!  Grill's are super straight too!  Man that thing shines!!! 

I hope I have the pleasure to own one sometime. 

Cuda Cody

@DodgeRodge   That's a good idea.  I have updated the RULES and added it to the very top so new members can see how many posts are needed before they can send a PM.  Also, if any new (REAL) members want to send a PM, just tag me in a post and I will make it so you can send PM's before 10 posts.   :bradsthumb:

Quote from: DodgeRodge on November 05, 2021, 10:01:11 AM
Ahh many thanks. It would be great if that requirement would be shown somewhere. I already did read the newbie guides but it wasn't mentioned anywhere.
Appreciate the clarification.