Main Menu

Problem with my iPad logging me off

Started by 7E-Bodies, July 27, 2019, 05:46:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

7E-Bodies

Why would an older iPad 3 keep logging me off (in an hour or so) when I've selected "forever" when logging in?  My iPhone leaves me logged in with no problems.  Suggestions?

Kevin
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Cuda Cody

I think it would have to do with the settings in the browser.   :huh:  The forum itself will not log you off.  Maybe the iPad had some extra security to keep you offline after a set period of time?  Can you try a different browser on the iPad and see if it changes anything?

Check if you are running the latest version of your browser and system.

340challconvert

Possible it is the old IOS software
I had an I Pad 2 for years;  will not accept newer IOS software installs. Unit becomes obsolete
It would not load certain programs and sites. Memory is limited
I ordered a new I pad Air 64 gb in March; works great.

From Apple site;
Is my iPad compatible with iOS 10?

Not if you're still on the iPhone 4s or want to run iOS 10 on the original iPad mini or iPads older than the iPad 4. Here's a list of every Apple device that supports iOS 10: iPad 4, iPad Air and iPad Air 2. ... iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

7E-Bodies

@340challconvert that was my fear. Apple hosing it's customers again. We have 5 iPhones, 3 iPods, 2 MacBook Pro laptops, and two iPads. I can certainly see where they'd need us to step it up a bit.  :pullinghair: :takemymoney:
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Bossgold

Its either one of two problems:

Does it turn off, or simply enter sleep mode? If so, you can change when it sleeps by choosing Settings -> Auto-Lock -> and select a time.

or

your  running out of memory and you need to delete/move files, apps, movies  etc.....if the unit runs out of resources (something may be running in the background) then it can shut down to recoup what is needed....