Main Menu

[Resolved] Mysterious email from forum member

Started by dhh, May 15, 2021, 08:47:04 AM

Previous topic Next topic

dhh

I received an email from doc9339@earthlink.net through the forum mail system (admin@e-bodies.org).

The email said that they're going to sell their 71 cuda on the forum and to look out for an ad.

The weird part is that I wasn't able to send a response to the email, as gmail says it's undeliverable.

Does anyone know who this is? Frustrating not being able to respond because I am interested in their car [emoji28]

anlauto

Just be careful, a lot of spammers out there :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

autoxcuda

Someone just got scammed out of $6500 in a 72 barracuda.

That's an odd email. I wouldn't trust it or reply to it.

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

1972V21Cuda

Purepony

Yeah Someone tried to scam me on a molding but I sent them Barry wood memes instead lolz

dhh

Quote from: Purepony on May 15, 2021, 09:06:45 PM
Yeah Someone tried to scam me on a molding but I sent them Barry wood memes instead lolz
I couldn't even respond to the email so if it's a scammer they did a terrible job [emoji23]

docmel

That person was ME.     My new email is docmelvin9339@gmail.com.  My old email adress was hacked, thats why you can longer contact me at doc9339@earthlink.net    (I need to change my email profile, sorry)
And yes, I will be selling my car.  Im getting the pics together now, as well as a very detailed write up

dhh

Quote from: docmel on May 16, 2021, 02:02:59 AM
That person was ME.     My new email is docmelvin9339@gmail.com.  My old email adress was hacked, thats why you can longer contact me at doc9339@earthlink.net    (I need to change my email profile, sorry)
And yes, I will be selling my car.  Im getting the pics together now, as well as a very detailed write up

Thanks for confirming @docmel:drinkingbud:
It's too bad we live in a time where there are so many seedy people on the internet, that everyone's first impression is "scammer".  :headbang:

And some feedback for @Cuda Cody - some more context might be helpful when sending email to forum members. It's a plain text email that looks kinda sketchy  :pokeeye:

autoxcuda

In the future for others to avoid this... When you emailed him, did you:

-list you E-bodies.org Username? That way a person can look at your post history and check your credibility?

-say how you got DHH's email

-write your actual name in the email

Not sure we got all the info of what exactly was in the email before passing judgment if it was spam or not.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

dhh

Quote from: autoxcuda on May 16, 2021, 08:51:13 AM

In the future for others to avoid this... When you emailed him, did you:

-list you E-bodies.org Username? That way a person can look at your post history and check your credibility?

-say how you got DHH's email

-write your actual name in the email

Not sure we got all the info of what exactly was in the email before passing judgment if it was spam or not.
Yeah it didn't have any of those things, hence the confusion.

Purepony

docmel

Its my 71 Cuda:  Ill have it posted up in cars for sale with pics and write up by this Friday  (May 21)

cuda hunter

Sorry to hear your selling the 71.  Hope you found another one to replace it with. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1972V21Cuda

Quote from: cuda hunter on May 17, 2021, 02:53:18 PM
Sorry to hear your selling the 71.  Hope you found another one to replace it with.

Sometimes, you just have to move along. Divorces, job losses, etc. can lead to a lot of car sales.