Main Menu

Youtube forum learning videos to help members

Started by Topcat, April 02, 2020, 10:01:29 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

What about Youtube learning sticky links in the Newbie section on how to do certain things here.

Videos
Pictures
Map pin re location
Gallery pic posting
Gif how to
Picture post in a PM

Sure there's other stuff as well.

Cuda Cody

I think that is a great idea!!!  If I get any free time I would be happy to work on something like this.  Just not sure when I will have the time.  I'm going to keep this on my list of things I would like to do.  Thanks for the idea @Topcat    :clapping:

headejm

@Cuda Cody If you are keeping a "to-do" list for our site, I'd like to see an improved search feature that would make it easier to find old threads on specific topics. Right now, you can only search on a word or two and all kinds of posts pop up. Maybe like an expanded "refine search" pull-down that would eliminate a lot of unwanted search results?  :cheers:

Cuda Cody

@headejm   The current search is pretty powerful.  Couple things that members might not know about.

There's an advance search button under the search bar.  That will help if you only want to search for specific users or in specific boards.  If you don't see all the boxes (as shown in photos 1 below), click the "+" and they will drop down.

Also, if you use "quotes" to search it will drastically refine your search and only show you posts or topics with those exact words or phrase.  For example, if I search YOUTUBE FORUM it brings up 109 results.  But if I put quotes around it like this "YOUTUBE FORUM" it only brings up 1 result (this topic).  Without quotes the search will return with every topic that has the words YOUTUBE or FORUM in it.  With the quote it will only return with topics that have "YOUTUBE FORUM" exactly as you typed it.

You can use the "+" also (like this YOUTUBE+FORUM) and it will bring up all post with those two words regardless of the order of the words or where they are in relation to each other.

Hope that helps.

headejm

Good to know! Wasn't aware of the Advanced Search option. I always just use the Search box at the top of our homepage.  :thankyou:

JS29

BIGSHCLUNK

Throw my Roadman/headlight vid into the mix  :ohyeah: