Main Menu

Any Bikers on here ??

Started by Roadman, October 08, 2017, 04:32:32 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Roadman

:rebelflag"   Back in 72 I just had to have a CB750. So I got a used one and drove it everywhere in S Florida. Then I had to chopperize it, extended forks, rear struts (no shocks) custom paint, etc. Then I got married.   :bricks:  So much for that.

Fast forward to 2002, now I'm in Kissimmee, bought a house, working hard on Heavy Equip. The guy across the street is a biker, Harley dude, big,mean,worked as a bouncer in several biker bars. So I get to know this guy alittle, and noticed every weekend about 20 bikes(ers) show up at his house in the morning, drinkin beer at 9am, and off they go. So I start getting to know these people.

Well, now I want to get involved, so I go to the harley dealer, get me a used Dyna, bare bones. Started riding with these people, and man I was having fun. I mean, you just ride from bar to bar all day, where else ya going to go. What a life style.   :banana:  And I was meeting more people all the time.

Then one day Carl(across the street) said take my bagger for a ride. Crap, I was hooked. So I went back to the dealer, bought a new 2006 Roadglide.   :banana:

Well, I really enjoyed that bike. Several trips up to the mountains in NC, rode the Tail of the Dragon twice, Blueridge Parkway, Tennessee,  down to the Fla Keys. Wow, memories.

We were planning a trip to Sturgis when I hurt myself working on an Excavator. Couldn't ride no more. Sold the bike, but I have the memories.  Best times of my life.

Been riding on the street since 1978 .
Traveled all over the USA doing mausoleum construction riding .
A younger brother and I did a 1000 mile week trip thru Alaska last Sept. Highly recommend it.

Have not done the Tail of the Dragon yet, it is on the list for sure.
Bikes are my first love , have 6 in the garage currently.
Road glides are nice rides.
My brother laughs at me that my newest bike is a 1982.

The photo is from the Alaska trip , start of 1000 miles to go.

cuda hunter

I ride. 

Just in Colorado so far. 

Suzuki 750 GSXF
Honda XR 400

I owned a harley once.  It was like an 81 jap bike looking thing.  Only had it a few days.  Should have kept it since I have yet to have another harley since then. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Colorado has some great riding roads.
Loved the road from Golden up to top of Lookout Mtn , did it once averaging about 45 mph , back in 1982 with no guardrails.

@ cuda hunter , Dual sport bike up on the mountain trails ?

cuda hunter

Big horn sheep canyon
Black Canyon of the Gunnison
Pikes peak
Mt Evans

One of my favorites is 114 san luis valley to blue mesa reservoir.  Can really open it up.

Going to an Auction in two weeks that is a ton of Harley parts and 36 Chevy cars and parts. 
I've been told mostly 80's harley stuff.  some 90's. 

I'm after anything 40's and before. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I have yet to do the dual sport.  I have a friend that is really, really, really into that type of riding. 

I've been considering it.  There is a TON  of activities for dual sporters.  It seems they have a lot of fun. 

My XR is street legal.  So technically it could be considered a dual sport. But not really. 

mjb765

Been riding Harley's close to 30 years. Had to get rid of the bar hopper when long rides started to hurt too much. Had a Road King, then moved to a Street Glide and went to a CVO Street Glide when they came out in 2010. Here is me on my '15 CVO Street Glide on the Tail of the Dragon.

I am also a member of the best CVO forum on the net. CVOHarley.com.

Mike

Racer57

Started out on a minibike my Dad built when I was 6.  Been riding every year since and I'm now 63. Wife and I have been to 38 different states on a bike.

usraptor

My first bike was a Honda CB 350 that I bought new in 1970.  Rode that for a few years then bought a co-workers Honda CB 450.  Rode that for a few more years.  Kids started coming and after a close call, drunk ran a mid phase red light, I sold it.  When my boys were teenagers we all got dirt bikes and rode for several years.  When the kids were all out of the house I got the bug for a street bike again and bought a used Honda 1100 Shadow ACE in 1998.  Then in 2000 I talked myself and the wife into a Harley Softail Heritage.  I spent a small fortune on chrome and accessories and  later had it custom painted and still have and ride the bike.  Joined and rode with a few different MC clubs. Have been to Sturgis, Yellowstone, Glacier National Park, Tombstone Ariz, Cody Wyoming, Jasper National park in Canada, the Redwoods, and all over Utah just to name a few.  In 2013 I bought a new Road Glide Ultra and the following winter my back went out and it required a major surgery and fusion.  The bike sat for a year while I made payments.  After I recovered from surgery, during the winter of 2014 I installed a bunch of accessories getting ready for the summer riding season (I live in Utah so we don't ride approx 5 months a year) No sooner than I got done with the mods/accessories than my back went out a second time requiring another major surgery and fusion.  Both my Dr and wife said my riding days were over.  I wasn't ready to throw in the towel yet, but not knowing if I would be able to ride again, I decided to sell the Road Glide rather than make payments for another year while it just sat.  However, since the 2000 Heritage was paid for I kept it.  The second surgery was a success and I slowly began riding the Heritage again.  I joined another MC club and have been riding all over the past two years.  So far the back is holding up great.

Chryco Psycho

Back in 81 Yamaha released the new Seca 750 , Really it was the first crotch rocket & I had to have one , I had a great job at the time & had no issue buying one brand new , What a machine , 11.7s in the 1/4 / 88 hp & 450 lbs + rider & I weighed 138 what an amazing bike . But I froze my butt off riding in western Canada & sold it within 2 years , tempted but never got the bug again .

RUNCHARGER

Not a biker. I have been riding motorcycles for 45 years though. This is the last one I restored, an 1150E Suzuki, fastest bike of it's day. I like big 4 cylinders with lots of power and not overweight.
Sheldon

750-h2

I bought this one new in 1975. I do not ride anymore but I still own the bike which is all original including paint and chrome.

RzeroB

@750-h2 explains your handle on the forum! Wicked bike in it's day. Had a nasty reputation for catching people off guard when the powerband kicked in - hence the unflattering nickname "The Widowmaker"  :o  A lot of those '70's bikes were scary like that - the engines progressed in power a lot faster than the chassis' did to handle that power. One of my first street bikes was a hopped up '76 KZ900 - fast as stink in a straight line, but downright scary in the curves with the way it would wriggle and move around with it's flexible frame. :o
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

750-h2

RzeroB the 900 was indeed a legendary bike.  When I was young I loved 1/4 mile drag racing and that's why I have always loved the quickest cars on the planet MOPARS as well as the quickest Bikes KAWASAKI's! :bigthumb: